New boot problem "Cold Boot?"

Guest tytlyf_merged

See my post above. A CMOS clear cannot erase the data stored in the CMOS Reloaded banks because the info is not stored in the BIOS chip.

The only known way to completely erase this data is with a utility that DFI has never released to the public.

Guest tytlyf

hmm...

I remember reading some posts mentioning that a long cmos clear will clear the cmos reloaded. So if that isn't the case, how would you know the difference between a simple cmos clear (15 seconds) versus a long cmos clear?

I dont understand the benefit then if nothing else is erased?

Guest tytlyf

Just got done with a 46 hour long cmos clear, and the problem is still there. So I'm thinking that the 500w Fortron Blue Storm is not enough power for this dual core chip. Which shocks me. So I just ordered a OCZ OCZ700GXSSLI and this better fix the problem.

If this problem is still present after the new PSU gets here, I'm tossing this computer out the window :)

Guest tytlyf

Does anyone feel this could be a NF4 Chipset Driver issue? I believe I'm using 6.53.

Should the NF4 Chipset driver be updated to something newer? Does the chipset driver need to change to support dual core chips?

Guest tytlyf

Update:

Got the OCZ 700w yesterday, installed, zero problems booting so far. Every time I have turned the system off, it has powered on the first time I've hit the button. So I believe its solved for now. I was really worried thinking if this didn't work, then it had to be a mobo issue.

Thankfully everything has been cooperating. Maybe a weird side effect is the fact it seems that my load temp has dropped a few degrees. Not sure why, I do have the sides off the case, but I dont think that will make that much of a difference.

I will have to rewire this badboy here soon, this PSU is a mess with wires, they are everywhere! Will keep you posted, thanks for the help everyone :)