Looking for good, cheap, 939 Motherboard-Asus A8V-VM or DFI Open Box??

BuddTX

Well, I made my decision, even though I am trying to build this "leftover parts" PC as cheaply as possible, I decided to spend the extra and get another DFI-LAN Party UT nF4 Ultra-D.

Where did you find the Ultra-D. :confused: I am looking for one and couldn't find any.

Where did you find the Ultra-D. :confused: I am looking for one and couldn't find any.

Well, http://www.atacom.com/ HAD them in stock, and I did get a confirmation, but later that day, I got an e-mail that said they were all sold out.

DAMN THEM TO HELL!!!!!!!!:):sweat:

I am now trying to figure out what to buy!

Go back and get the A8V-VM...and off the DFI on the forum...;)

I had been playing with the A8V-VM for about 3 weeks and I can tell you it's a pretty awesome little board...

Even for mATX it holds its own against a DFI... I compared it to my sli-dr rig running 300x10 and the A8V-VM had very close benchmark scores at 240x11 which is its Max fsb....

The only thing it was slow in was Super Pi and video encoding and it wasnt terribly bad at that...very passable...

I would NOT hesitate to get one of these...Overclocking features arent abundant but so what...you can get the max out of it fairly fast...

at first I couldnt get passed the 235 barrier with some Corsair ddr3200 (utt-bh5) but I switched over to some Infineon 2x512 ddr400 and it went right up to the max...I did have to run the 180 divider (listed as 183) and loosen the ram timings a little but it scaled very well and was very impressive to run...

I never had a problem passing prime...if it lasted 1 minute it would go the whole distance...10 hours no problem...

The only thing I did not like about the board was it has no Q-fan option so any fans that hook to the board run full bore all the time...

and the bios lay-out...other than that it's a pretty awesome board...;)

Thanks for the posts!

However, I am starting to change my tune!

I am thinking that, while there are better, faster, options to build a new pc, the dual core 939's represent a real nice value for the dollar, and since I have some good quality "left over" parts, I might build a second "power" pc! So, I am thinking of maybe a DFI expert motherboard.

However, that still leaves me with a leftover 3000+ chip, so maybe I will build yet a 3rd pc, use up one of my "older" 80 gig hard drive (or upgrade one of my primary SATA hard drives, move one to the "leftover" pc) and this time a have built a true VALUE pc!

Get some 39 dollar value DDR 400 512 meg ram and one of the motherboards listed above.

Hey, this is a fun hobby!

If you dont want a headache steer clear of the Expert...;)

It is aready in route to me, so it is too late!

It is funny, because it seems that some people say that the Expert is the best, most stable motherboard that they have ever used, and have gotten better overclocking results with the same hardware, yet others say that it is a finicky, hard motherboard to get stable with good overclocking.

I guess I will be finding out for myself very soon!