C2D Stepping Question

Hi guys:

I am currently looking for E6600 CPU and have a stepping question.

I have checked some db for good clocker stepping info.

db: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127379

However, I am still confused about the stepping info.

How do you read the stepping (like B-0, B-2..etc)?

Because I have a code of one of the cpu I am looking at and I couldn't figure out the stepping: L632B248 SL9S8

Replies would be appreciated. :)

Thanks

Thx dab. Greatly appreciated for the info. I heard that there was a small fix in the B-2 stepping to fix the load distribution bug (a minor bug) in the conroe. So I was wondering the stepping info :D

And how do you tell it's a B-2 or B-0 or B-6? Find out by Cpu-z? And any week codes that's known be a good clocker to 3.4?

It's pretty luck of the draw, so far the comment opinion has been to hunt down "B" chips. This is the B in L632B..

The revision number is a separate thing, it's shown on the CPU-Z tab, although I couldn't tell you the revision differences.

Hey Dab:

Sorry, I am still a bit confused. (just for self learning)

I was checking the overclock db and found couple stepping. How do you tell the cpu is stepping 5 or 6 and lots of cpu stepping codes start with Axxx and is stepping B2?

Just what to know how to read them properly. :)

Here is some info on the stepping, basically it identifies where the chip came from, and what week/batch it was produced from.

Conroe Stepping Info---Conroe Week------Conroe Code (The Week and Code are found on the CPU box and on the CPU itself.)

A-1 = stepping 1-------------In form of L6##----In form of A###

B-0 = stepping 4-------------Example: L617A846= Week L617 Code A846

B-1 = stepping 5

B-2 = stepping 6

There are a few explanations on the web, mostly in the first posts of the various ocdb's around. This is about as good as explanation as you'll find.