Cooling the Northbridge on the ICFX3200

Smoken Joe

Are there any top pics for a Waterblock for this? I was looking at the Swifttec but am unsure if it will fit. It cant be much wider than the stock block because of my heatsink.

Thanks I guess they are just speread though the forum instead of one place did several searches but it is spead out at the moment.

Here are some very nice measurments by EVA2000

Some info that may help H20 cooling folks... but yes not all air cooling chipset blocks will fit properly.

1. The northbridge and mosfet heatsinks' height measure approximately 3.8cm and 2.9cm respectively.
  2. The northbridge heatink's hooks cover in rectangular dimensions an area of approximately 4.2cm x 6.7cm with a diagonal measurement of approximately 7.9cm from one corner to the other (which agrees with Pythagorean theorem).
  3. This distance of 7.9cm would rule out alot of third party chipset heatsinks. But it seems my Radiical chipset waterblock might be able to fit. The specs page list 7.6cm max but measured myself it can just do 7.85cm which probably be enough considering it is hook mounted and not through the board holes and that it fitted fine on Intel D975XBX which has 8cm to 8.5cm diagonal length between hooks vs DFI ICFX3200 RD600's 7.9cm :)
  4. Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II chipset air heatsink will most likely fit since it fits the Intel D975XBX hooks seen here. But can't 100% confirm it since my 2x TT Extreme Spirit II chipset heatsinks are already in use on other motherboards.
  5. You can see the Radiical chipset water block installed on Intel D975XBX here . The Intel D975XBX hooks measure 4.2cm x 6.8cm rectangular dimensions with a 8cm to 8.5cm diagonal length between 2 corner hooks.
  6. Radiical chipset waterblock on Asus P5W DH Deluxe here.
  7. While southbridge heatsink as rectangular dimensions of approximately 3.4cm x 3.8cm with the diagonal length between both push pin holes being ~6.3cm.

From this post

Looks like the swift tec is not a perfect fit but will work and it is inexpensive.

ICFX3200_MCW30_Fits.jpg

From Here by way of Thasp

Guest eva2000

simple fan would do with multi at 7x and clocking FSB up to 502FSB. My ICFX3200 is retail early sample, removed NB's white foam spacer, reapplied thin layer of AS5 under stock passive NB heatsink. Added 60x38mm Sunon 23.5cfm MagLev fan over the NB.

NB Load temp = 51-55C at 1.76v bios set NB volts in 31.8C room temps open desktop bench rig running Prime95 v25.1 blend.

screenshot at http://i4memory.com/showpost.php?p=56383&postcount=11

simple fan would do with multi at 7x and clocking FSB up to 502FSB. My ICFX3200 is retail early sample, removed NB's white foam spacer, reapplied thin layer of AS5 under stock passive NB heatsink. Added 60x38mm Sunon 23.5cfm MagLev fan over the NB.

NB Load temp = 51-55C at 1.76v bios set NB volts in 31.8C room temps open desktop bench rig running Prime95 v25.1 blend.

screenshot at http://i4memory.com/showpost.php?p=56383&postcount=11

That is an effective way of cooling it I did the same and dremmeled off the middle T section of the sink but the fan I have on it- 60MM is too noisy. Larger ones will nt fit properly unless I move the Video card because of the mounting brackets. 29 for a sink seems like a steal if it gives me silence again.

Guest eva2000

maglev fans don't have the motor in the middle so no deadspot in center so more air flow which helps even @23.5cfm ;)