Corsair Nautilus500

Guest DasFox_merged

Guest DasFox

I must admit I've been a fan of Corsair memory for sometime, and use it on my work box, and I have a Corsair PSU on my game box.

So naturally I was drawn to checking out the Nautilus500, seems cheap and easy to use.

What's the thoughts on this?

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/nautilus_500.html

THANKS

• 3 weeks later...

I want one bad as my Core 2 Duo E6600 is getting to 75C @3.2-3.4 GHz on my Zalman 9500 LED. I just wonder if the increase in speed is worth the cash. I laped my CPU but have not had enough time for the Artic Silver to cure. I read a great review on the Nautilus and now I read the sales article on the 500 it says it can do more than just the C.P.U.

I was temped to get the $60 Corsair internal Full Hight Drive Bay cooler. It looks really nice in your 5 1/4" drive bays but I read you need to add more radiators to get it to work better than stock intel cooler.

DSCN3432.jpg

That thread sums it all up...you wont get anything out of that kit that you couldnt achieve with a quality air cooler...

If you want to go watercooling go all out....do yourself and pay the extra cash otherwise you will be left unimpressed, and unhappy with your choice

When I read it it said it was almost as good as a Danger Den Full Setup. Did it not say the Danger Den setup was 1%-5% better?

To me it's not worth the money if you don't actually get significently higher Overclockes...

yep, we love our Nautilus

they have some issues (for me the fan was too loud and the pump is still whiny/loud, but not to where you go smashing it with a hammer like the cartoon alarm clock that wont stop ringing)

I replaced my fan with a nice Coolermaster 120mm that is silent even on high speed, and then i ended up replacing the waterblock (because I added gpu blocks into the loop, and then I had to go back to no gpu blocks, but I'd cut one of the tubes too short to accomodate the gpu blocks, so then had to pull the tube off the Corsair block which is almost impossible with how they lock the tubing down to the barbs so I just said F this and put a DangerDen TDX block on it lol).

the benefits though, are pretty good.

Very close to DD or other custom cooling performance, only took about 15 minutes to install, can definitely add gpu or chipset blocks into the loop, etc.

I wouldn't ever put it in the same class as a custom $250-$350 Dangerden setup with dual-rad etc, but for good overclocking on a budget, this Nautilus unit is pretty good stuff.

Always got to give up something to get something, don't ever forget that.

Would you happen to have any numbers to compare this unit to a good air cooling solution? Would you suggest any other sub $200 water cooling kit such as the Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II?

*Dunno where my sig went...it's setup in my profile