Problem with Star Trek: Elite Force

General Septem

If the game installs right, but the troubles start when ever you try to start playing then applying the latest patch for the game might solve some of the issues... hopefully you haven't done this yet.

You could also try to start the game from the main game.exe instead of the launcher... again hopefully this can be done, not sure it can since I only played EF2 and it works well.

EF1 might not be compatible with Windows XP... I know ST Armada (1) isn't, which is a shame because the game was great.

Forgot to ask before, and it may be a longshot but did you try using WinXP's compatibility mode for like Win98 or something? Has worked for me in the past.

If the game installs right, but the troubles start when ever you try to start playing then applying the latest patch for the game might solve some of the issues... hopefully you haven't done this yet.

You could also try to start the game from the main game.exe instead of the launcher... again hopefully this can be done, not sure it can since I only played EF2 and it works well.

EF1 might not be compatible with Windows XP... I know ST Armada (1) isn't, which is a shame because the game was great.

I just tried compatibility mode and starting the game from the .exe. Neither worked. The game doesn't have an upgrade button, but Raven has a v1.2 patch on their site. I only have about an hour before I have to leave for work, but I've got the patch downloading and we'll see if it works when I get home later today.

By the way, Armada is supposed to be compatible with XP. In fact one of the reasons I initially bought XP was because I had ME and was constantly getting out of sync with all the XP users. :tooth: You may need a patch for it though as the sound and some maps are extremely glitchy, at least on my system for whatever reason.