Problem with Star Trek: Elite Force

General Septem

Well, I just installed it, and for starters it didn't detect my CPU correctly (it thought I had a 213 MHz CPU I believe which is my FSB, it could've said 113 MHz though I forget). So it said my CPU didn't meet requirements, which I laughed at because the game is six years old and the minimum CPU requirement is a 233 MHz Pentium II.

The game installed fine other than that, but I can't play it. It keeps saying the NVIDIA drivers are incompatible and that OpenGL was disabled. The error message says to download the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com. I tried looking for updated drivers on the NVIDIA website, but they don't have any GeForce 6 series drivers anymore. Any ideas?

I have had mixed results installing older games. Some work, some don't. Can't really give you any advice, and judging from the crickets....

Well, good luck.

Thanks for the reply. The error message said something about OpenGL being disabled. Well actually here's what it said exactly:

NVIDIA display driver files from different (incompatible)

versions of the driver have been detected.

NVIDIA OpenGL acceleration is disabled in order to

maintain system stability.

To resolve this problem, update the NVIDIA display driver.

The latest driver is available at www.nvidia.com.

|OK|

Is it Elite Force or Elite Force II?

The first one.

I've also had a little trouble with Star Trek Armada being a little glitchy in some maps. I tried cleaning the disc and thought it'd helped, but it just turned out that some maps were fine. That CD is still a little scratched though.

No, Vmware is just like a program you run from XP or whatever you use. you just run it and pop in a bootable CD rom of win98 and a window pops up with the virtual POST screen , you can even go into the BIOS of the virtual PC on your desktop. Its like having a sub operating system that you can start and stop at any time. you can run win95,win98,W2k I think even Vista works on it too although I haven't tried it. 98 works like a charm.

No, Vmware is just like a program you run from XP or whatever you use. you just run it and pop in a bootable CD rom of win98 and a window pops up with the virtual POST screen , you can even go into the BIOS of the virtual PC on your desktop. Its like having a sub operating system that you can start and stop at any time. you can run win95,win98,W2k I think even Vista works on it too although I haven't tried it. 98 works like a charm.

I'll have to look into it. You think it's just incompatible with Windows XP?