Max Processor speed?

Guest Zanthros_merged

Guest Zanthros

So I have read the directions and followed the guides ..... yet I am still left with one real simple question ...... IS THAT IT? The question is really a simple one.... In following the "Definitive Overclocking Guide" I have hit the wall .... so to speak. The wall is far lower than I expected it to be. I am wondering ..... is that it? This is the max of the processor? I realize the the truth is hard to swallow sometimes but sometime you kinda expect more ..... ya know what I mean? Anyway ... is the "max" that I hit really it?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zanthros

It is "buggy" @ 3014mhz and locks up the OCCT testing .... also @ 3002mhz. I guess that is why everyone says "OPTY"

Do a research and a lot of the lower stock speed Opty's will clock much better than FX 60's, especially the good stepping ones. Then again there are many that have crappy OC'ability, like what I have. Hit a wall with 300x9, and thats it. It varies from chip to chip, but a better chance is to get a good stepping. Also there was someone here with an FX 60 that hit well over 3.0 on stock vcore.

Guest Zanthros

So if money were not an object and you could get a 939 processor of your choice and memory , keeping in mind that you were looking for the max overclock (MHZ) what would be the weapons of choice?

Guest Zanthros

Yeah ..... I have seen Ed's spec's Nice............ I'm running 1.45 vcore .... to get there.

I guess I would go for the FX60 again! Mine hit 3Gig right out of the box with a little more voltage! Actually core 0 is the pain. I can boot easily at 3.1Gig but core 0 won’t pass testing for not even a minute. :)