New Build!!!1111

Evil_inc

So thanks to christmas, and convient timing I am doing a fresh build.

I have $500 to bestbuy that I am going to use in conjunction with other funds which are unlimited but I want to keep at a minimum (say 1500).

As some have seen I have a full tower case to build in but is at this time a rack so I need a case also. The 200 gig HD I have will be a data drive and the psu... well will be the main psu. Nothing can be pulled from my current rig as it is going to be wiped and given to my sister.

This is a gaming/rendering/word processing rig but I do not need a top of the line vid card but something reliable.

I wanted to use the RD600 but it seems to have been delayed even more. Any suggestions?

If you're going with a Conroe there's nothing wrong with the Infinity. Actually it appears that for most people it probably should be the board of choice.

The RD600 hasn't been delayed again. DFI has never officially set a date the board would be available.

You may want to wait a bit as ATI will release their DX10 card soon which may cause NV to drop the GTS a bit more.

I'm partial to Micron so I reco Ballistix or something Micron based like the G.Skill HZ. Will you be OCing? If you're looking at a DFI it's crazy not too!!! I find it tough to really like a Intel mobo at the time. Yes, there are some decent ones but nothing that really catches my attention.

Speaking of DFI when is the board delayed until? If it's not too long it MAY be the board to wait for. (I wish they would make a nice MATX one)

For speed I reco a Raptor. Once you use it is hard to go back to a regular hard drive.

I'm a cheapo so I'm personally waiting till the 200FSB cpu's come out. I know they are revamping the entire Intel line. You may also want to wait for that.

I am assuming you're looking at Intel correct? Recommending an AM2 setup is much easier but if you don't mind going ATX then you're crazy not doing Intel.

Enjoy!

If you're an audiophile, get an M-Audio Delta 24/96 - you won't be disappointed. Not a hint of hiss, and I don't need a preamp to bring it up to line level for use with an amp.

There's a black g.skill set, DDR1000 4-4-4-12 on newegg right now for $300. I highly recommend it.