Which heatsink ?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was Building Mine ( a few years back now) , the majority of people said that you can't get better than the SP97....

..... They were few and far between then !!!! But I managed to get one !! :D

I built my sister a rig and managed to get one for her aswell.!!

I put a Tornado on mine and it barely went to 33'c

I've gone back to a simple 92mm fan as the tornado is MENTAL !!!

I have a spare SLK947u if anyone is interested along with a 92mm tornado......

Both in original boxes :D

;)

Which model Tornado performs better on the SP-97 then? I have read reviews that say the 80mm version slightly outperforms the 92mm model.

Maybe it's because the air flow is concentrated on where it was designed to on the SP-97 with that dia. fan?......?

I have one spare with a lapped base and the neo-backplate too. All original with spare mounting screws, etc. No way would I let it go!

dsc00048ki0.th.jpg

dsc00049iw4.th.jpg

NB. the ripples you can see in the lapped base are the reflections of the white sheet on which the pictures were taken.

The HSF I am currently using is a pretty good match, I have never had cpu temps go above 40 degrees C @ full load.

I would have thought....... that the 92mm was the best for cooling....

I mean... it shifts the most air........ and as it 'hangs over the edges' is MUST aid cooling around the base ?? would it not....

I remember the first time i hooked up the 92mm tornado............ I had it on my desk............ and the thing lifted off the desk and flew off the edge )to the length of the wire........ AMAZING amount of power !!!!

• 2 weeks later...