Which heatsink ?

Hello

I search an heatsink for my barton but it's difficult with this motherboard and my little case (coolermaster centurion 5). I have test the SI97A but it's not compatible with my case (extraction fan).

I saw those :

- Thermalright SP97 -> compatible ? dangerous ?

- Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler -> noisy ?

- Thermaltake Sonic Tower -> compatible ? (very big)

Others ?

Thanks

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is the SI-97a not compatable with your case...?

I put those on several boards with the heat pipes touching the I/O ports and a standard 92mm fan and put it in a tiny case and have no issues at all...?

I think what he was trying to say was the SP97 interfered with the case fan (Extraction Fan). But I do agree, it should still miss anything vital and fit nicely, (but perhaps snugly).

I'll be getting one of these myself next week (SP-97a that is). I can't wait.

My SI-97 hits the exaust fan as well. The answer is to fit the exaust fan on the outside of the case. Problem solved :D

Ok I didn't think to this:rolleyes: thank you

But is si-97a the best ? and the sp97 ?(or the others I listed)

I had an SI-97 before I switched to water. It performed well. It ranked in the top 10 percent of the higher end coolers not too long ago. If you already have one, stick with it. It isn't worth spending the money to get a minor boost in performance. You won't gain much more unless you go to water.

• 1 month later...

PPl I am going to air again...I have worse temps than with air and It's easy to carry up my pc with it on air :P

wich is better:

Thermalright SP-97 - maybe 25eur used

Thermalright SI-97 - new 37eur without fan

Scythe Katana Cooper with 92mm Fan - 33.5eur new

Scythe Katana Alloy - 30.25eur

I think the Katana cooper will be better no?

I installed a thermaltake sonic tower. It comes very close to one of the caps near the cpu but dropped my temps by about 5C, which is good for not having a fan on the heatsink. It is very big but, the nice thing about it is that it will work with any socket on the market right now so if you upgrade later on you can use the same heatsink :)