Can't get 3700 clawhammer work !!!!!

Hi

If you have tried what has been said and it still doesnt boot on your DFI board,it could be this is an engineering sample CPU which i have posted thread about on 14 April 07.

This means it may need CPU mutiplier and voltage set manually as they are unlocked

12x for this processor I think

if this is the case then it answers my question as to whetherer or not the DFI NF3 250GB board recognises this CPU

You could try setting CPU mutliplier on your MSI board to 12 manually and CPU voltage to 1.5 and see if it works.

Let me know how you get on please.

• 1 month later...

I got the same problem like romanos. I think we bought a clawhammer by the same store on ebay.de

My pc starts but the screen stay's black.

updated my bios, CMOS cleared, battery removed etc etc.

I gonna try to set the CPU mutliplier to 12 or going for a long cmos clear.

If that's not working i gonna try it on my biostar barebone

But i think there's one problem: on the ebay page of the shop i read the cpu got a FSB of 800MHz and the mobo only can take a FSB of 400MHz. Is that possible?

Greetings geezer,

P.S sorry for my poor english

Guest Ghost
I got the same problem like romanos. I think we bought a clawhammer by the same store on ebay.de

My pc starts but the screen stay's black.

updated my bios, CMOS cleared, battery removed etc etc.

I gonna try to set the CPU mutliplier to 12 or going for a long cmos clear.

If that's not working i gonna try it on my biostar barebone

But i think there's one problem: on the ebay page of the shop i read the cpu got a FSB of 800MHz and the mobo only can take a FSB of 400MHz. Is that possible?

Greetings geezer,

P.S sorry for my poor english

When they say 800mhz it's the hypertransport speed , 4x200mhz. You should manually set fsb to 200mhz, cpu multiplier to 12x and htt multiplier to 4x for defaults. Vcore for a regular clawhammer is also 1.5v.