Opty 165 and Mushkin Redline xp4000

hey,

i upgraded from corsair 3200 value ram to mushkin redline, so i started looking around what my redlines can do on DFI NF4 ultra-ds and i saw a lot of people doing timings like 2-2-2-5 and stuff like that, so i tried that but i can't boot. really weird memtest works fine, but i get a blue screen when i boot even if i keep the fps at 200 and the divider at 200, also i raised the voltage a bit to see if it would work i put it up till 3.2 and still froze.

so now i'm just running everything on default.

could somebody give me good timings to work with i'm a noob with all those settings.

thanks,

-sleepy

I think the 2-2-2-5 timings your looking at may be for Redline 512 sticks. Different chips. :)

my redlines can do 2-2-2-0 at 1:1 200htt ;)

oops actually that's

2-3-0-2

whole settings are

2-3-0-2-7-10-0-2-1-1-3120-L4-L2-5,fastest, & 2

my redlines can do 2-2-2-0 at 1:1 200htt ;)

oops actually that's

2-3-0-2

whole settings are

2-3-0-2-7-10-0-2-1-1-3120-L4-L2-5,fastest, & 2

Nice. CE-6 chips?

I had some Mushkin CE-5 that would do 2-3-x-2 at 200, but take it past 208 on ANY timings, and it failed. Needless to say I sold that stuff off pretty fast.

The 1Gb sticks of redline do look tasty.

Nice. CE-6 chips?

I had some Mushkin CE-5 that would do 2-3-x-2 at 200, but take it past 208 on ANY timings, and it failed. Needless to say I sold that stuff off pretty fast.

The 1Gb sticks of redline do look tasty.

If this memory is a recent purchase, getting much over the rated speed is unlikely. There aren't many DDRI chips left for the manufacturers to pick from.

I got my chips at about the same time Praz got his ;)