Frustrating hard lock issue with 3DMark

Yep, swapped it out for a 6600 GT I have laying around. Same issue. Adjusting the secondary ram timings have fixed my initial hard lock issue with 3DMark. Now it only occurs when I dual prime and loop 3DMark at the same time but as Capt Proton has said, it may be overkill.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how helpful this will be. But how's the gpu heat doin'? just wonderin' I've seen that hard lock computers before.

Load temps are around the mid 60s. Funny you ask, I was just looking on Newegg for a replacement cooler for my 6800 GS. The stock one is a bit too loud for my taste.

I was just looking on Newegg for a replacement cooler for my 6800 GS. The stock one is a bit too loud for my taste.

I don't remember which cooler I have on my 6800GS but it does a fine job and is not loud. PM soundx98 and ask him which cooler it is. He has the card right now.

Tell you what... use the 1.7chipset and 1.4 HTT and up both the HTT multi to 4x and the PCIe to 115MHz and see. I doubt it'll do a thing for your particular problem but that has stabilized more than one of my mem/GPU OCs.