GFX card running as PCiex 8x not 16x?

I've attached a screenie from the nvidia control panel. It says the graphics card is running as PCIex 8x? The card is a 7900GTX and its in the first PCIex slot. Is there a setting in the BIOS to enable it to run at 16x or is the nvidia control panel wrong? Is there anyway of testing what speed it's working at?

Wish the heck I could get mine into 16X. Admittedly I havent flashed my bios yet to see if thats going to help. But the only thing I see in my bios in the advanced chipset feature is to change the spread spectrum, and its already disabled. Nothing but a greyed out "PCI Config X2 NC X16 X1" in the Genie bios page to look at. That must be the difference between and ultra, and a DR board I guess. Ntune, everest, sysoft all say I'm in 8X. Even reinstalled my old 6800 with the 84.21 drivers, and it still showed 8X. And yup, I have moved my six jumpers up to P-1.

On the sli-Dr you have to set the lanes with the jumpers 3 sets between the 2 PCI-e slots. Flashing the bios will not give the sli-dr bios otions for this it is a manual setting thru the jumpers. Well hell I was going to post the link for the page in your manual but evidently the DFI MB site is down

Been there, done that. If you look at Happy's very first picture, you will see the 6 jumpers as they should be for single vga. This is how mine are currently. Tried moving them down, same thing. Only thing I havent tried is one set up, and one set down (Bottom row of jumpers in P-2 for sli), but that wouldnt make sense.

edit.. wooops, sorry guys, didnt see this was an "expert" mobo thread. Still this is buggin the crap out of me.