SATA Controller Problems

Has anyone experienced issues with their SATA drives on LP NF2 MB's clicking and locking up the system? Then you do a reboot, the system hangs on the post screen (2 leds), do a CMOS clear etc and then the drive is gone in the disk management?

I managed to fix the issue by moving the SATA cable to another header but give it time and history repeats itself.

The Genie Bios was set to SATA Raid and I changed it to SATA and windows installed the driver for the controller to v1.3.10.0 when it found the hardware change.

The current Sil3114 bios is 5.0.35 and so far the pc is stable with the change.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as the MB has the OS on the IDE and has no issues.

maybe it is the cable...I don't know but try a new cable

thats what I was gonna say... but you also may want to get a newer bios with the newest sil RAID bios...

Thanks, already tried cables but that didn't work.

The Silicon Image site has this info on the current drivers (which I have) and bios:

* SiI3114 32-bit Windows BASE Driver 1.3.10.0 7/28/2006 Use this driver with the latest IDE BIOS to access non-RAID hard disk drives, CD-ROMs, CDRWs, DVD-ROMs, and DVD-RWs. Latest SiI3114 BIOS:5.2.16; Update: Supports Vista BETA2.

The latest DFI bios only updates to 5.0.35. FAQ's on Sil Image site state that "Controllers embedded in motherboards have their BIOS integrated into the system BIOS of the motherboard requiring that you get BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer."

Does anyone know how to update to the latest version?

Thanks in advance...