...simply cant boot it anymore...

Hi everyone....again.

I am not really too much into computers but when i spend money i like to get the best out of it. Thats why I got one of these boards. After around year and a half without major issues (except having LAN controller to not forget its address and sound card not working at all), now I got to the point where my computer after one ordinary system reset (after 4 days of continuous azureus downloading) just got stuck on first logo screen. I had cold boot problem before when, after few days of not working, my comp didnt want to boot up, but after reseting on the switch on the PSU it has started again. I didnt think that was an issue so I didnt want to go into any kind of research. It is important to mention that I used PSU that came with my case, and never had any stability problems. it was antec 400w. But after recent stalling i came back here and did some research so figured out that power is probablly the cause. Last nigh i went to local shop asking for gamextreme but they were sold out of them, so i got noise taker 2. i unplugged everything going to do the proper clear cmos from

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24

and after more then 24h i continuoed with procedure, finding out that i couldnt start the computer on the power button after applying power on the switch of the psu. which meant cold boot even with new psu (oldone didnt have 24 atx power connector only 20). does this mean that i have to repeat the procedure cause that might mean that i would never get boot as said.

at the end, what are the chances that board is garbage which means that i would need the replacement in which case i would forgot about dfi (even i was full of enthusiasm) and then go for new intel lineup????

p.s. what RMA stands for ?

Thanks to everyone in the community.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it means Return Merchandise Authorization. Link goes to Wikipedia definition.

Have you taken a look a the diagnostic LEDs as you are attempting to boot up?

Do you have all power plugs connected? There are more than two.

Sounds as if you need to do the Long CMOS Clear The link goes to ExRoadie's excellent tutorial. Problems such as your can be ACPI related.

Don't give up on your MOBO yet... Once you get it up and running again it is as stable as a rock!

:)

Right, but the other definition exist too.

It is only semantics..so no big deal..you can call it whatever you wish since it means the same thing. I knew it from the US Government definition throughout the years I was Active Duty US Coast Guard from procurement procedure policy and returning faulty items to vendors. You can also go to Wikipedia and edit the definition there once you have made an account there.

Actually it means Return Merchandise Authorization. Link goes to Wikipedia definition.

Have you taken a look a the diagnostic LEDs as you are attempting to boot up?

Do you have all power plugs connected? There are more than two.

Sounds as if you need to do the Long CMOS Clear The link goes to ExRoadie's excellent tutorial. Problems such as your can be ACPI related.

Don't give up on your MOBO yet... Once you get it up and running again it is as stable as a rock!

1. I carefully followed long cmos tutorial. In fact third time when i tried to get it up that way, i went to buy a new PSU which is listed under my signature. all 4 power plugs are connected and beside psu i have only video card cpu and one stick of memory on my mobo. no usb's.

2. The diagnostic LEDs are turning ON, and starting shutting off, all except the last one. Also I can hear only one beep.

any other suggestions?

Hello,

What happens if you use the old power supply again?

And do not plug any power connectors into the hard drives or CD drives.

well since i got new psu nothing is plugged in except mobo.

I will give a try to old psu only, with mobo and nothing else.

well...im losing my last hope. i tried with the old power supply and this time i got board and fans powered up,and that was after 2 days of no power condition, but passing logo screen still seems as a mission impossible. i will try to give the board to the friend who has more parts and if it still doesnt work, it will go to the garbage.

Well it would appear that the old power supply can get the board to boot but,

It is not enough for the board to work 100%.

And your Noisetaker does not work.

Take the Noisetaker back and swap it for a different brand (OCZ).

Is the Noistaker an Revision 2? (REV 2)

These have cold boot problems on the DFI board.