memory advice

crustaceo

hey,

i have found that i have a serious problem with my rams (one stick didnt pass memtest #5 and there was a lot of errors - so i havent even tried #8 or a default test) and the other one even doesnt boot.

i think after some overclock, downclock, overtimmings, downtimmings (LOL) experiences in my 4 x 512 rams i have damaged 2 sticks of samsung low-end rams.

ok, i dont want to spend so much money with a 2 X 1GB OCZ high-end Kit.

i'm a programmer and don't have much time to play games (my VGA isn't so good also).

so, i'm thinking about a 2 x 512GB kit.

i liked these options:

DDR400 1GB (2 x 512MB) Geil Ultra X - GLXNF1GB3200DC

DDR500 1GB (2x512) Geil Ultra - GL1GB4000DC BOX

and as a cheaper choice there's it:

PATRIOT 1GB (512MBx2) DDR400 (PDC1G3200LLK)

is these geils a good option? is the patriot a good memory? what's the better choice?

i'm not a overclock fanatic too. :]

thanks ppl

look at the recommended memory list here: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24719

what sort of coding do you do? true code (as in Text) or rendering? (pictures) if test, 1GB is plenty, if rendering, GET AS MUCH AS U CAN!

also with 4x512, make sure you have the "command rate" turned off n the BIOS. Is it is on, this will be ur problem. have you tried increasing you VDIMM (RAM Voltage), this can solve instability issues.

i have tested each memory individually in the orange slot. i have put the 2T when running the 4 sticks config.

it was working fine, but some problems apearead suddenly. so i have done these testes to check out the problem. and then: bad memory! :(

just coding .NET and Java things... :]

i am lazy, like easy money, and like to want have a lot of certifications. :]

bad C college times... LOL

yeah, DDR400 1GB (2 x 512MB) Geil Ultra X - GLXNF1GB3200DC is my choice.

its not exactly in the list, but is indicated to a NF4 chipset (GLX***NF***1GB3200DC).