Radiator Modding Advice

danzgpgt97

I recently purchased a thermaltake kandalf lcs because I personnaly like them. I had the intention of putting a GTS Stealth 120.3 in instead of the one thermaltake sends because Im sure its not the greatest. But the problem is the thermaltake one has its fittings on top where the gts has them on the side. To make it work they have to be on the top thers no other good way around it. My compliments to thermaltake for there ingenious design to make the door open without affecting the tubing. So my question is has any one ever attempted sodering shut the side ports and soldering some barbs on the top of the rad. I bet the performance would be even greater with the angle into the rad. I dont know if I can do it but I love the case and have this great radiator siting in my closet looking at me waiting to be used. Any ideas would be great. I would rather mod my 80 dollar radiator also instead of hacking up my 300 dollar case. Thanks, Dan

What is the radiator made of? Aluminum/brass/steel? I can pressure test it, and if it's alum/steel I can TIG weld it for you, but my brazing skills are a little rusty if it's brass. Most any radiator shop can do this, they'll just assume it's a transmission/PS cooler or something of that nature.