Help!

Um, those are the TWINX2048-4000PT sticks right? These are not rated at 3-3-3-7 which you have them set at - they are rated at 3-4-4-8 @ 1T. If you have problems, you might even have to back them off and run them @2T.

Clear CMOS (again ;o) and then with one stick only, fire up and enter the BIOS. Load optimised defaults. Change your settings on ONLY the 3-4-4-8 settings. Leave everything else on default/auto. Enable MemTest and shut it down. Does that one stick pass on those settings? It should do. Do the other stick just to be sure. Then stick them both in. If you are still getting problems, i'd be starting to think bad stick - those sticks should really pass memtest on Auto settings at stock (200MHz).

Um, those are the TWINX2048-4000PT sticks right? These are not rated at 3-3-3-7 which you have them set at - they are rated at 3-4-4-8 @ 1T. If you have problems, you might even have to back them off and run them @2T.

Clear CMOS (again ;o) and then with one stick only, fire up and enter the BIOS. Load optimised defaults. Change your settings on ONLY the 3-4-4-8 settings. Leave everything else on default/auto. Enable MemTest and shut it down. Does that one stick pass on those settings? It should do. Do the other stick just to be sure. Then stick them both in. If you are still getting problems, i'd be starting to think bad stick - those sticks should really pass memtest on Auto settings at stock (200MHz).

Should I leave them at 200mhz or drop down the divider a little?

No divider. Your sticks actually run stock at 250Mhz - so you are already underclocking them by running them at 200Mhz. If they do not pass MemTest at those settings then you have two basic options:

1. get yourself over to HouseOfHelp and sort yourself out an RMA, or

2. try to replace that PSU with something with a little more grunt and see if that is what is holding you back. The FSP FX-600/700 or the OCZ Gamextreme models come highly recommended.

Your BIOS version appears bottom left as a date when you first boot. To see it you'll have to turn off the DFI logo in the BIOS.

Thanks for the info.

I'm surprised a 500W Antec Smartpower wouldn't be enough...especially since I'm not using an SLI rig and when I do OC I rarely raise the voltage much.

However, I have heard people say that the antec smartpowers are notorious for dying.

I own that same ram, bought it early this year because I was upgrading my computer, and as soon as I put it on my then brand new dfi ultra d, problems left and right. The same one's you are referring to. It ended up corrupting my XP and I not only had to reformat, I lost one drive due to the corruption.

I took the motherboard back and got another one, same issue. I finally rma'd the memory,twice now, I've also tried it on an ASUS A8NE, it would run, not overclock without crashing, causing the same issues. Now, the third set from Newegg sits in my sons computer on an MSI Neo2 Platty, not overclocked at all, I ended up buying ram from the list of recomended memory.

The Patriot ram has me running at around 280 at 166/200 divider. I have learned tons from these people trying to help you, they know their stuff.

I say it is the memory, because of the nightmare I went through with it.

Jeandobre