Can i run a mower engine without a blade?

mihkail

Wow carb tuning I thought it was a lost art. With a 4 stroke or if you use the cleaner burning mixture for 2 stroke you can also read the spark plug(s) but you need to get the gas from the same placenow that they have all the EPA mandated stuff in gas it is hard. Rich is always safer- both too lean and too rich can cause back fires if you take it far enough and little metal balls on the plug are bad real bad :)

At the more serious levels those shifter carts can get crazy fast 120's and more. They can be dangerous though even the ones with small engines can get fast enough to kill you and then some.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea I used to up the compression as high as i could without smacking the head and add Xylene to the fuel....Xylene ups the octane rating...the more you put in the higher it gets...I also added a 35mm film container of Marvel Mystery oil to 1 gallon of gas... or so...to lubricate everything...

Learning to read the plugs is good...

rich is safer till you get into high octane fuels... lean is always bad unless you're running high octane and you got your tuning on "Kill" mode...then you only know it's too lean when you hurt something....

Thats why I prefer injection...

Carts are good place to start learning and evolve into more later on...;)

i saw a 572ci motor today... the block was huge, it had a super charger on it too. on the stand, it was taller than me. they said it was going in a boat, i can only imagine how crazy thats going to be.

i drove my cart today too, its going alot faster than before. the sprocket works great. i just got done changing the oil, my friend and i are going to go to a field in it tomorrow. i think its pushing about 40-45 mph now.

Good job....

Yea...A close friend of mine own a racing engine shop...I have got to see some wild engine...

I also know the owner of the racing machine shop very well (Mentor) He took me to see his freind one day who builds racing boats for lake Michigan...

40foot boats with 4 super charged big blocks with over 600cubic inches... 2 of them are reverse rotation (meaning they run backwards) making in excess of 1500horse power each....

I also got to ride to the staging lanes in his 540 cubic inch big block Camaro that ran 8.80's at 160mph.... ( this thing burned the tires most the way down the 1/4 mile)....I was in the passenger side and he blipped the throttle and thre me in the back of the car....this thing had serious throttle responce...

I also got in on dyno testing a engine he built trying to break the small block chevy world record ET times...

A 434 cubic inch with 2 1100 dominator carbs with a sheetmetal intake...it made a little more than 1500 horsepower on it's own... that was bad...

engines come by me easy....;)