Another Speed fan question

Grunty

On my bot comp, I am getting some oddball speedfan info.

This is a non-OC'd comp.

When you start speedfan it "searches" for your various fans and thingies that produce heat. It is trying to tell me that something in the box is running at 127 deg Celsius! I just cant figure out which sensor is giving this number.

I opened the case and everything seems to be spinning properly. NB fan, CPU fan, intake+outake, vid card etc. CPU temp is 30deg.

Is it possible that this temp reading is an error of some sort? If something was running at 127 it would probably hop out of the case and frantically run around the room trailing smoke whilst bellowing obscenities in Korean, I'd imagine.

It's very possible, if it grabs the wrong sensor and doesn't know the proper calibration for it you can get all kinds of weird numbers.

I recall my processor was running around 30GHz once...thats about the time I stopped using Speedfan. Everest seems much more accurate.

It's very possible, if it grabs the wrong sensor and doesn't know the proper calibration for it you can get all kinds of weird numbers.

I recall my processor was running around 30GHz once...thats about the time I stopped using Speedfan. Everest seems much more accurate.

i can deff be lame sumtimes speedfan that is. but the little graph it does for the temp's can be very useful. thats why i like and still use it. not for cpu temp's though.