Cannot Enable SLI

I have the DFI LP NF4 Sli-D and my MB does not have the plug at the end of the first PCI slot.

I do have all the 12v leads plugged in and the board is working super.

My sound cable is in place of the power plug shown in the pic.

I had the SLI-D as well and all connectors were as in the picture, i have to wonder about the above :confused:, something is not right there...;

Logan

I had the SLI-D as well and all connectors were as in the picture, i have to wonder about the above :confused:, something is not right there...;

Logan

The audio cable from the DVD-r attaches exactly to the same location as you show for a 12v lead.

There is a small notation next to the socket that states CDr.

I have the 12v lead w/20 pin power connector, then the 12v lead that is about 1/2" from that 12v plug in.

I have a 4pin connector exactly like a hard drive connector that connects about 3" below that square plug.

So if I am correct that makes three 4 pin leads for 12v.

Two square and one oblong.

My board did something like this when i went to enable sli.

I rebooted then went into safe mode

started up again did it again rebooted

switched the cards around then rebooted

back into safe mode

then into normal mode

then

HUZZAH AFTER 4 HOURS IT WORKED. if it fails, repeat steps 4-5 if unsuccessful

The audio cable from the DVD-r attaches exactly to the same location as you show for a 12v lead.

There is a small notation next to the socket that states CDr.

I have the 12v lead w/20 pin power connector, then the 12v lead that is about 1/2" from that 12v plug in.

I have a 4pin connector exactly like a hard drive connector that connects about 3" below that square plug.

So if I am correct that makes three 4 pin leads for 12v.

Two square and one oblong.

Why don't you have a 24 pin connector? You should have 1-24 pin 1-4 pin 12V+ then 1-4 pin Molex[hard drive] and 1 Floppy. Only the Expert has 3 and one of them is an 8 pin eps 12v+ The board will run with a 20 pin PSU but the extra plugs are for board stability in SLI. I don't think this is why you can't set up sli I think you have a bad board, somewhere when SLI is enabled in your bios it is not making that change physcaly on the board "sli controler". I will go and read back but did you try flashing your bios to a newer version just to see if this would help the sli controler. Pretty much at the end of things to try. edit Also I think I asked earlier if wjem you reboot do you get the enable SLI balloon on the task bar? On guru2d this driver version asks for it even if not running sli It is a modded Nvidia driver XG Forceware select 91.31e Well heck I was going to leave the link but Ican't find it PM me or go to my usercp and e-mail me and I will send it to you if you want

• 2 months later...

Ok, I cleaned all the drivers on the Pc and made sure all connectors, etc were plugged in properly. I checked the jumpers, etc as well. All hardware appears to be configured and installed properly.

I started installing drivers 1 at a time to trouble shoot and everything went fine. I updated Windows, etc. I saved the video drivers for last. :) I downloaded the latest current driver from nVidia. I installed the driver and started having problems.

Apparently the problems are related to the video drivers. I tried to install 3 different versions of the nVidia drivers and have not had any luck. Basically I get the desktop and the SLI capable system bubble pops up. If I leave it like this I have no problems. When I attempt to enable SLI the screen goes black like it is changing the video options then stays black and the monitor looses signal. The PC will stay this way until I reset it at which point it will get the Windows load screen then reset itself and loops in this manner. I have to pick last known good configuration to get back to non SLI. I am unable to enable SLI.