Psu Mod Covers..

Hey guys..

as you all know I am in the process of getting all my stuff to mod up my comp a bit more..

I will be starting my modding Monday.. I want to get a digital camera to take some before pics.. n stuff..

Well.. I orderd a PSU Mod.. w. an 80mm fan hole pre cut..

and well sorry to say I am quite disapointed with it.. lol..

First of all.. if u have a thin case.. your PSU may not fit in its spot anymore.. Second of all.. the only way to hook it to ur PSU is with double sided tape..

and last of all.. the holes for the fan screws are to da** big.. I ended up using zip ties to keep it in place.. I dident do a bad job if I may say so myself. lol..

I should have done a review on this thing..

for all of you who want to mod ur PSU..

Do it yourself.. lol..

Thanks for the heads-up! Its always nice to know when to avoid a product.

and last of all.. the holes for the fan screws are to da** big.. I ended up using zip ties to keep it in place.. I dident do a bad job if I may say so myself. lol..

I don't know what I would do without zip-ties. HAha, the radiator of my car is held in by zip ties. :P

Psywar - I ended with the same problems except my case was too narrow. I had to take everything off and put my PSU back together. Instead I bought UV reactive paint and painted the cover. The PSU mod is now a useless paperweight (and not a very good one)

well after talking to d3 for an hr or so.. I decided to scrap the PSU mod thing.. im going to get the real deal for my pelt.. it was 118.00 bucks.. but Its what I need, and I know it will power the pelt perfect!

Here is a pic of the PSU Mod.. as u can see i had to use Zip ties n such!

Edited by Psywar

• 2 weeks later...

Hed dudes ... the reason you cannot screw in your fans in the holes in your PSU mod cover is that they are meant for a PSU which already running with two fans (Antek for example). The fan is inside the box. This way you can fit a grill and screw it in using the fan holes threads ...

Here is a sneak at my PSU mod :

xaser-03.JPG

Cheers

uhm, what the heck ever. 7 bucks plus 20 minutes to make and install it is worth not spending 15 or 20 bucks or more plus the 20 minutes it took YOU to try and install the mod, uhm 20 x 20 = 400. SO now who's gay? :smack::withstupid:

Oh ya by the way homer here's that according to you 140 dollar mod, but at least I didn't spend 400.

OWNED!!

towersidedone.jpg

Powersupply.jpg

Or you can just fly right over here and check out the whole project.

besides that I wasn't even talking about you to begin with. I was talking about the one that actually started the thread. It's gay the way they make it so you have to tape it on and a few other things about it. Basically i was agreeing with Psywar NOT YOU, mr. insecure and deffensive.