Bios Settings

huw27

i have just brought the below card but it isn't running anywhere near what it is surposed to. could anyone tell me if i need to change any bios settings to make it run better. my privious card was a leadtec 6800ultra and that ran great. i havn't changed anything in the bios since installing the new one. thanks

Hellow again Playah your being very helpful to me today appriciate your help.

got a 3dmarko6 score of 7742 with the below settings which they said was in the bottom 10%

Date: 2006-11-12

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 2410 MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2

N/A / N/A

Res: 1280x1024

the driver version is 9.1.4.7

and finally when i go into device manager it has 2 GPU's both with 512 mb memory is that correct setting?

Futuremark just recently changed their format for the initial report screen after running one of the tests. (That's where the "bottom 10% is coming from).

I get the same kind of results with comparisons to my 6600gt (bottom 10%)but when I look at the comparisons they are twice what I am getting so I'm pretty sure those are sli setups and futurmark doesn't discriminate between single and sli setups.

Is it possible to run 2 dual gpu vid cards in sli? If so I suspect that's what's going on.

Yes you can run dual GeForce 7950 GX2 and those are probably OCed on a rig w/higher OC than you're running.

Like I said earlier, in RGone's thread he scored 8060 vs. your 7742,he was also running his rig at 250x10 or 2500MHz, which would account for a slightly higher score.

I think your gfx card is performing up to spec and the idea that it's not is caused by an unfair comparison,apples to oranges so to speak