About to buy a LCD and...

omarwashington

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824116375

This is the one i'm looking at. The question I have is if I should get Net Replacement Plan or Net Peripheral Extended Plan or none at all. If anyone has any experience with this it would be very helpful. Thank you

"Beyond any applicable Newegg return policy, this item is warranted independently by the product's Manufacturer. Below is a summary provided for convenience only and may not be accurate or current. Click here for full details.

Manufacturer Warranty period (parts): 1 year

Manufacturer Warranty period (labor): 1 year"

Manufacturer warranty for this monitor.

http://www.viewsonic.com/support/warranty.htm

I guess what i'm trying to say is that if a pixile goes bad or what not should I get an extended warranty.

guess it depends how long you plan on having it, and how much it costs. i havent owned my LCD long enough to have any problems with it. With the extended warranty, there is still probably a dead pixel quota you'll ahve to meet before you can send it back... right?

16.2 million colors = 6 bit panal... its just a way to cheapen out to get lower response times at the cost of picture quality. For that price you can find yourself a good 8 bit panal (aka 16.7 million colors).

As for the extended warranty from newegg, its so expensive it doesn't warrant the price. Pixels don't just die on ya, they are caused by manufacturing defects and should be visible from the first month of use. If you have enough defective pixels, then you'll just replace it with the manufacturer. I've setup/purchased about 8 lcd monitors, 1 of which had 2 dead pixels, and it was a very old junk dell one (1024x768 for a 17" monitor = very very crappy)

btw the dead pixel quota is around 8 or so.