Strange cpu - chipset - vga behavior

ok guys here i am again.

i installed on my new ( rma'd ) mobo my old mobile ( clawhammer ), and my new x8800gto. I run the aquamark to see how things keep going and i see high framerates ( 135fps) ...!

After some play with the mobile and the memories i run aquamark again.

This time i got 1/3 of the framerates i took on the first test....

The last time i am using on burning things.... So i am wondering what did i burned this time ....

The things that i have done and are suspicious are : 1.8v on chipset / 1.6v on agp ( it takes power through a cable form the psu too ) put the agp bus ( i dont remember the name exactly ) from 69 to 87....

Can somebody tell me what have i done this time...???????????

The atitool gives me the same results on the video card.

...put the agp bus ( i dont remember the name exactly ) from 69 to 87....

Can somebody tell me what have i done this time...???????????

I would bet this is your problem. There isn't a need to increase the AGP bus that high... it doesn't give you more performance that I am aware of. Drop it back to 67-69 and recheck it. Good luck.

Mark

ok i find it

it was a nf3 drivers problem ... I unistall all the drivers including the vga's and install that back again.

Everything is ok now.

And i put the agp bus to 69 ....

ooffff i couldnt take one more toasted thing in 24 hours....

Lucky me

There isn't any need to set the AGP frequency above 67. On the NF3 chipset that does a solid lock and prevents problems with your AGP scaling with your FSB. 67 is the max that the AGP should be set at. And again, the only reason to even change it is to ensure a solid lock.