Windows Hangs at "Setup is loading Windows"

Hello everyone

I am a new DFI lanparty motherboard user, but i am not new to building computers as i have done so many times.

The problem i am having is such:

I just recently got a new DFI board from an RMA. I had to RMA my first dfi board due to a checksum error that would not go away. I used that board for about three weeks and it worked great until the error.

On the new DFI board - same model - i keep getting the same problem when i try to install windows. The setup goes through everything, loading the various components, but when it wants to start windows it just sits there and does nothing. I was going to use my old harddrives, but after extensively reading the forums on this topic, or similar ones, it seemed that the best idea would be to get a new one.

I went out and purchased a new harddrive and i get the same error. I have tried everything. Not only is my computer good for gaming, but i also need it for college. Any help whatsoever on this would be very much appreciated =P

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i ran memtest for 9 hours last night on tests 5 and 8 - no errors

I am running one stick of ram in dimm 2

and the only things i have plugged in are my cd drive, video card and harddrive, yet i still cannot get past the setup is loading windows.

Is it time to rma the board?

What are the proper settings for a sata drive that is not in the raid?

I've had similar problems like this where you install windows 100% but when it does its final reboot to go into setting up accounts etc it just wont boot.

I found that installing windows with just 1 hard drive in the pc did the trick.

I'd installed loads before that and no problems but this particular time it just wouldn't work.

Disconnect all your drives other than the 1 you want to install on.It may work as it did for me.

You may want to try with just one stick of ram. also try it once in each color. my ram seems to be happier in the yellow slots despite all the hub-bub about orange slots.

also just incase you have made the same mistake as i did the other day ... make sure your ipod isn't plugged in.

also check with corsiar for the rams required voltage. mine requires 2.7 ... looks like your's is similar to mine ..

hope this was helpful. good luck.