USB ports do not recognize devices + sounds sped up

I'm having some irritating issues with my computer that I think are motherboard related but I am not sure.

I had a hard lockup in Warcraft earlier today. Rebooted. After reboot none of my USB devices were being detected properly; all were showing up as unknown devices.

To try to fixt his, I uninstalled and then reinstalled my Nvidia system drivers. This did not fix my USB problem and for some reason my Audio is fubared now; all audio plays at double or triple speed.

I have tried unplugging all USB devices and uninstalling the USB root hubs/EHCI controllers from device manager and then reinstalling them all to no avail. I've tried running a windows XP repair installation and that didn't fix anything (but did cause a bunch of headaches). I've uninstalled drives, run DH driver cleaner, and then reinstalled drivers and that didn't fix anything. I've reinstalled DirectX 9.0C october update, again, no help there. I've reset the CMOS on the motherboard, no help there. Load optimized defaults, didn't help.

Could this be a hardware problem? The board has worked fine for about a year now. Everything except WOW was rock stable so I thought it was just one of the WOW addons I was using (it would hard lock completely at random, sometimes a few times a day sometimes not for a week). Is it possible the chipset on the motherboard is fried and that's causing the audio issues and the USB devices not being detected properly?

If anyone has any info on how to fix the USB or the sound, it would be appreciated. I am running an DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D (NF4 ultra chipset) with on-board sound. Thanks in advance. I am at my wits end trying to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been facing exactly the same problem and don't really know what to do. USB ports 3 and 4 don't work properly; sometimes I receive the that stupid message of devices not recognized. It began to happen after two lockups as well. Sincerely, it's driving me crazy.

Any help will really be appreciated.

its with out a doubt that your problem is with memory (RAM: 4x512MB ) set it to T2 until you know what the timings do. running 4x512MB is a pain at best until you have the setting in your head and only then will you get T1