DFI Expert mobo problem

Sorry, I don't think you had updated your signature yet when I posted. Or I am indeed as blind as they say I am. LOL.:tooth:

Could it be the Haupage PVR 250 and the 7900GT Golden Samples fighting over resources. I see that you removed it but did you completely un-install the drivers. Probably did, I reviewd the Driver install and remove proceedure.http://www.snapstream.com/download/hardwar...nstallation.asp . That is one sweet/stacked system you have there. Pity that it's giving you problems.

I changed the sig after you posted:angel: (Looks like I have to change it again, I bet it's too long *sigh*. ).

NO I DID NOT uninstall the drivers. Lol. Allright, have to give that a try then as well.

Thanks for the nice words about the comp. :) Should be a decent rig once it works properly (I need some overclocking... an X2 @ 2GHz must limit the video cards quite alot. + I've got alot of cuts on my fingers because of the cpu cooler:p Got to get something in return for the pain:rolleyes: .).

Allright, I'm on my way to the post office to pick up the X-fi. I hope I'll remember to uninstall the AC'97 stuff before I plug it in:cool:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, now the X-fi is sharing IRQ with one of the video cards...

I ran 3dmark05 now, got 8843 points. Very low, but I fotgot to use the sli-bridge so I guess that's what caused the LOW score. Now I made the PVR and the X-Fi swap slots, so the x-fi shares IRQ with the SiL3114 instead.

The X-fi didn't help much. However, when I disabled USB and borrowed my brothers mx518 it stopped freezing during 3dmarkxx, but it quits the program instead saying there was an error and 3dmark had to be closed. Oh well, looks better now. It worked very well in non-SLi mode, though.

Finally some progress!

Do you still have the freeze prob because i used to get that every time a HDD started to die i know you said you had it on 2 drives but i would run a check on the drives. I used to run a lot of drives and most were on a high point rocket raid 454 i found it very good for picking up a dying drive just a few thoughts 1. test drives 2. have a look at the high point raid cards if your looking to run a lot of drives. Plus if your having all these probs on sata drives if you have one try using a ide drive and install windows might help eliminate a few things

Good luck

Do you still have the freeze prob because i used to get that every time a HDD started to die i know you said you had it on 2 drives but i would run a check on the drives. I used to run a lot of drives and most were on a high point rocket raid 454 i found it very good for picking up a dying drive just a few thoughts 1. test drives 2. have a look at the high point raid cards if your looking to run a lot of drives. Plus if your having all these probs on sata drives if you have one try using a ide drive and install windows might help eliminate a few things

Good luck

I think one of them is about to die, but I haven't got any apps installed on it. Just music files and videos. Would that still make my system freeze? The windows drive is a nearly-4 year-old WD 80GB. SMART says it's OK. But I WILL copy the installation to a s-ata drive as soon as I get a new one, so I can get rid of it.

It's actually working quite well now, except for the 3dmark SLi errors. However, my two Gainward 7900gt's don't actually match each other 100%. yes, same model/bios etc, but one of them has less capasitors on it, http://www.takeforum.com/dbcclan/viewtopic...&mforum=dbcclan. Some pics in this thread. That may be the cause, as all pictures I've seen has had those capasitors that are missing from one of the cards. The layout is also a bit different, some "black squares" are placed differently as well. I wonder why they made two versions of the exact same card:)