DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert No Post problem

That ram is getting really hard to find but you might look in the for sale section here. I know there was some of the gskill being sold as well as some ocz with the same chips. I think it was MSB selling them if I remember right.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NewEgg is the only place I'm aware of retail. It's mostly hit and miss. They'll be out of stock for weeks and then when they're available they are are gone in a matter of hours. The Redlines are more expensive but are available from Mushkin's website.

OC Newbie,

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't even notice a for sale section on these forums. They're getting better and better!

Also, this Patriot ram seems like a good buy:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820220084

Edit: MSB has sold the ocz and g.skill

Edit: In case anyone here's interested, on Mushkin's site, they have a recommendation guide w/ DFI products, so you can see what is tested to run on your board (especially picky boards like the expert:p )

The only processor that got smoked by an Expert board was used in a prototype board. The user then put two more high-dollar processors in the same board after it smoked the first one. Makes you question what he was doing with a prototype board in the first place.

There has never been one single instance of an Expert board harming hardware confirmed by DFI.

All offers to ship the hardware to DFI for a postmortem have been turned down. Makes you question the claims of damage in the first place.

If I'm not mistaken, the start-up voltage issue was resolved by a BIOS update. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

It could have been. I thought the bios update corrected vcore overvolting because of the vcore-vdimm voltage differential problem. But it may have corrected the power controller issue also.

I have removed the battery countless times on both Expert and Venus boards and have never had a problem. But I may have just been lucky. Maybe Happy or Rgone can offer input on this.

If I get time tomorrow I'm going to scope the rails for ac ripple on my psu. If I do that I'll pull the battery and try to capture startup vid afterwards.

@praz are your muskin infineon ce-6

Either CE-5 or CE-6 but I believe the current modules are CE-5. Post in the Mushkin thread and I'm sure one of the guys can tell you for sure.