NF3 250GB not detecting memory

I have 2 512MB sticks in the board and when I tried to add a 1GB stick(all patriot extreme modules), it won't detect it. However, if I put the 1GB stick in by itself, it detects fine, but if I add one 512MB stick along with the 1GB, it only detects 512MB ram. Please help!

Well, perhaps 1GB and 512MB modules can't be mixed on this board. It will detect either the 1GB or the 512MB module, but not both at the same time. I have searched this board and googled a while and I can't find any info on this issue. I know that there are alot more people viewing the forums for S939 and AM2 boards but if anyone has ANY input on this issue, I would be very grateful to hear it. Thanks in advance.

If you want to run 3 sticks of RAM then I believe you need to drop the command rate from 1T ---> 2T and run the memory at DDR333. 99% of people just go with 2 x 1Gb sticks in slot 1 + 3.

Alot of hassle with 3 sticks getting it running let alone stable

I've tried using slots 1 and 3 and every other combination. I tried mixing the 1GB stick and the 512MB stick on a different board and there was the same problem. All the sticks have be cleared for errors on memtest. The other board I used was a VIA chipset. Its weird because in the BIOS, it won't even show the amount of ram I put in it. Its either 1GB or 512MB, or if I put the 1GB and both 512MB sticks, it registers 1GB in the BIOS when it should be say 2GB. It won't even acknowledge that the other sticks are there. Ugh, I hope I can figure this out.

It's not the RAM, of course. If you ever built computers with spare parts you'll notice some motherboards won't even accept more than 1 stick at a time (old MSI KM2M, would just accept 128, or 256, or 512 sticks, but not mixed). Whenever you buy new RAM, you better buy 2 matched sticks, be them 2x512MB or 2x1GB, so the motherboard won't have problem running them.

What I have found with my board is that it runs best with no more than 4 sides of memory..for instance I am running 2x256 single sided and 1x1g (in first slot) double sided. for a total of 4 sides.

I had to also set the memory 1 to 1 manually cause 3 sticks will default it to a divider

and my board seems to hate most of the dividers.

Hope this helps.

If you want to run 3 sticks of RAM then I believe you need to drop the command rate from 1T ---> 2T and run the memory at DDR333. 99% of people just go with 2 x 1Gb sticks in slot 1 + 3.

Alot of hassle with 3 sticks getting it running let alone stable

I might be one of the lucky ones.

Runnin 1t 1to1 prime stable.

512x2 Patriot XBL DDR600............I have this same memory laying in my drawer and wanted to get a 1 gig stick to go with them but was thinkin of how that would be six sides of memory and how my chip would have trouble controlling them...you confirmed it.

I also had the the 2x256 Hyperx layin in the drawer and decided to try and match them to a 1 gig Hyperx for the 4 sides only.

Well not only do they overclock well but they all match too.

I know its only 1.5 gig but this rig rocks.