WC TT Armor Jr. with mods

Awesome hole for that rad... I was thinking about doing something similar to that when I finally get water for my rig... Aiming for spring break if I do decide to get it. I would mount it in the top and probably put the pump in my floppy bay in my Tsunami if I did something like that.

My boss from my old job is a family friend who has a boat repair shop with a buttload of air tools, so I could just drive down to his shop and borrow them for a few hours... Oh, the things I could do if I had his tools.

For the T-line with your fillport... I would try and make the middle part of the T, the inlet for the fillport, and the straight through part going from the rad to the pump... less flow restriction without the 90 degree bend.

Aside from that, awesome.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech

Kool! Thanks BC, I have a couple adapters here and will mess around with them when the time comes, hopefully one of the two will fit the bill.

That's kind of funny about the iCage, I know I've done the same sort of thing. I can't count how many times I've ordered parts for things that I actually already had. I keep telling myself to make up an inventory list in xcel so I can avoid this sort of thing. I'll get around to it one day. :tooth:

I can't count how many times I've ordered parts for things that I actually already had. I keep telling myself to make up an inventory list in xcel so I can avoid this sort of thing.:

lmfao

I dont have that many parts, but Ive done that before. Newegg has a deal on Masscool 80mm fans, buy 10 or more and theyre $1 each with free shipping. I bought 10, and thought I sold my buddy 5 of them. I bought 10 more for a mod I was going to do, and when they got here, realized I still had my original 10. Now I have 20, well, 18. I put one on my HR-05 (nice and cool, only goes above 45C load when my room is warm) and another one is going into my final project for my engineering class.

Nice, how's the temps for your cpu burntcircuit? Where did you get the wheels from? I'm thinking about mounting one underneath my case like yours, since i have a midsize tower but a little bit less room then yours. lol.

I have been really pleased with my WC setup. Currently cooling the CPU and (1) GPU my temps hover around 40C-41C under full load. I have one core that runs hotter by about 4C, on my dual core opteron. Unfortuntately this chip maxes out at about 2.87Mhz with core0 failing, but temps have not really been a problem.

It will be interesting to see what happens when I add a second GPU in a few weeks, but I think it should be OK.

The wheels are just standard rolling coasters you could probably find at any good hardware store. I cleaned, primed, and painted them black to match the case, and then installed them with pop rivits and sheet metal screws. They work just fine, and I can roll my case from under my desk when I need to work on it. It was a bit of work to get everything to fit, and make sure their was enough clearance for the rad but I found if I took my time everything worked out.

I would still like to see if its possible to mount a rad in the top of a Armor Jr. but thats another project for another day. I havin too much fun with my new rig :shake:

Awesome hole for that rad... I was thinking about doing something similar to that when I finally get water for my rig... Aiming for spring break if I do decide to get it. I would mount it in the top and probably put the pump in my floppy bay in my Tsunami if I did something like that.

My boss from my old job is a family friend who has a boat repair shop with a buttload of air tools, so I could just drive down to his shop and borrow them for a few hours... Oh, the things I could do if I had his tools.

For the T-line with your fillport... I would try and make the middle part of the T, the inlet for the fillport, and the straight through part going from the rad to the pump... less flow restriction without the 90 degree bend.

Aside from that, awesome.

Cutting the hole for the rad was real interesting. I used an air tool with a cutting disk. Cuts through the sheet metal like butta, but man do you have to be careful. One slip and you could ruin the case. I eventually used the cutting wheel for the big cuts, and some tin snips to finish it off.

The "T" line was interesting as there was not room with my current pump configuration, to eliminate the 90 degree bend. I have another configuration I want to try, to eliminate this and clean up some of the hose routing. I will do this when I go SLI in a few weeks. Hopefully it works out.

... it still turned out half decent though.

And there are a lot of ways to hide minor imperfections, like MNPCtech's U-channel, or a radgrillz from AC Ryan. Sometimes even just a fresh coat of paint.

I ordered a Thermaltake Bigwater 745. I got a good deal for 125 shipped. Most likely will do a review. I'll planning to do the burncircuit radiator mod except with a few minor adjustments to fit in the Thermaltake Tsunami case. I'll probably give the water kit a review along with pic's of the install.