Windows slow boot

RyanG

Hi, hopefully this isn't another brainfart :/ My windows seems to "hang" so to speak when it's at the part where the blue progress bar runs accross the screen. It stays there for at least a minute then when I do get to log in, it hangs for a bit at that screen too. It's happened on 3 fresh installs now (don't ask). It does this overclocked at 2.5 ghz (250x10 , 9/10 divider) and at optimal settings in the bios. What could be going on? I don't have any software except windows updates and drivers, especially nothing at start up. Any advice is appreciated (sorry if it's another stupid thread :/)

It is my understanding that windows should NOT be installed on an overclocked system and I guess I don't understand how you are overclocked AND running on optimized defaults(if that is the case) anyway,try CMOS clear,load optimized defaults,instal windows,THEN set it up to your overclock.Hope this helps.

R U using the cables supplied with the MB or different ones?U may try turning your system off then unplugging that HD and plugging it back in and makes sure the cables are secure.I misread your sig I though I saw 3 hard drives,MY bad! anyway I ran into a problem similar to this a few years back as I was using a bad copy of windows,maybe you could try a different disk.or better yet,I should ask which version of windows you are installing,if it is Vista,well,then there is your problem.

Okay, I don't know where my reply went but I downloaded a new image file, burned it and installed without a hitch. Still receive slow boot. Would flashing the bio's do anything? Currently they are the ones that shipped with the board, I think july 2005 or something but not sure. Any advice apprecaited, thanks!