DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G AM2 probems

Guest DaddyD302_merged

everyone keep in mind I had a lot of these 'odd' problems and issues when I tried to force the board to 1T Command Rate (DRAM Config)

Tony says they are working on either some 1T memory, or...

here's that new memory - DFI nf590 SLi special edition, now there is no question which memory works best on this mobo :P

you best fill in your location as per rule #10 marauder.

no one is getting more than one warning anymore, I'm tired of having to be the policia hardass around here, but I will do what I have to do

- done, man I thought I would be obeying all the rules by know, sorry

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DaddyD302
lmao you sound like your running a country happy, BTW what location thing? Are you talking about your actual location where you live?

Yes so they know where to refer you to if there's any rma or problems.

Guest DaddyD302

Ok just got the new ram, PS, and VC. Running resolution on 1280X1024, which is my moniter's default best resolution. Didn't do this for my 7900GT because I fear it might cause me to lose too much FPS[i run almost max on everything]. SLI is new to me and I have no clue what to set it on, so I left it on default. Gonna read about that part. Can't say anything about the ram till I run some test and I am a n00b so I don't know how to run that mem86[did I spell it right?] yet. As for the PS it's kinda freaking me out because it's too quiet and my fans aren't seeming to run at full blast, like on my old PS. Will update you gyts soon as I run some test.

Ok just got the new ram, PS, and VC. Running resolution on 1280X1024, which is my moniter's default best resolution. Didn't do this for my 7900GT because I fear it might cause me to lose too much FPS[i run almost max on everything]. SLI is new to me and I have no clue what to set it on, so I left it on default. Gonna read about that part. Can't say anything about the ram till I run some test and I am a n00b so I don't know how to run that mem86[did I spell it right?] yet. As for the PS it's kinda freaking me out because it's too quiet and my fans aren't seeming to run at full blast, like on my old PS. Will update you gyts soon as I run some test.

if you have an LCD, you ALWAYS ALWAYS want to run EVERYTHING in it's native resolution

normally this is 1280x1024 for 19" LCD's, and 1440x900 for 19" widescreen LCD's

if you have SLI...you definitely want to enable ALL the eye candy in games...trust me on this ;)

OCZ psu's are awesome =)

Guest DaddyD302

So far I've been able to get my speed to 2.63ghz. Haven't crashed or bsod yet, but I haven't done any multitask yet, will update later.

Edit: Well even at 2.6Ghz, my cpu is still bottlenecking my performance in F.E.A.R. I'm running Quake4 and Far Cry fine at max settings, but F.E.A.R is bring my system to it's knees.

Update: Well was running WoW, listening to yahoo music, and running fraps[recording] and computer froze. After I reboot, my beta video drivers vanished, and so did my moniter drivers. Showed in add/remove as being there but can't find it, so had to unistall both and reinstall them both.

Ok I did a set of the OCZ 7200 EPP Sticks tonight and I have to say it is Head and shoulders above my 6400 Platinums I was running. I have not pushed it to far and it even booted up at alot lower voltage then what was listed for it to run at. :)

I used to be a hard core Patriot FAN because I have used them since in the 90's but I think I found a new company to deal with. :)

Stupid me figured out where i was going wrong in my attempts to get the chip past 250 HTT. I misread the RAM chart and was expecting it to be clocked lower then what it was at. So now that I have ram that can take the speed I have been able to get it up alot higher. I will start playing with the CPU multi to see exactly where my breaking point is for the CPU.

Guest DaddyD302

Well so far, this ram I currently have is heads above the last two. Seems stable, when I could run WoW, listen to yahoo jukebox, and surf the net. I couldn't do that with the old OCZ 5400, and Corsair. They would freeze up and I'm force to reset the computer. So far can only get 2.63Ghz stable, got it to 2.7Ghz but it crashed when I got to desktop. Will let you guys know tomorrow night when I begin running some stress tests.

Update: passed it's first test. It wasn't a major test, but it passed 7 hrs of stability from the Nvidia stability test. Maybe when I can figure out how to run those memory test I'll run them.