Just swapped to dual-core from single-core

Where exactly does it take more time loading windows? When the system is POSTING? When the system passes the POST screen? Where the windows splash screen comes and you can see the indicator going from left to right? I don't think you answered my question in my previous post. Another thing to do is try to reformat again (LOL) and only install Windows with SP1 instead of SP2, and see if that does anything. Please post results, i really want to know if this helps, okay....?

Where exactly does it take more time loading windows? When the system is POSTING? When the system passes the POST screen? Where the windows splash screen comes and you can see the indicator going from left to right? I don't think you answered my question in my previous post. Another thing to do is try to reformat again (LOL) and only install Windows with SP1 instead of SP2, and see if that does anything. Please post results, i really want to know if this helps, okay....?

The windows splash screen where the blue indicator goes left to right. Takes about 28 passes again. Back up from 15 :(

I really don't want to reformat again. I Primed this overnight for 10 hours, did testing of both cores with OCCT and SUPERPI also so I think its stable enough for me. Don't feel like reformatting just to save 10-15 seconds off windows load time. I was just wondering if there was some tweak to make it faster though. As long as I'm not the only one that is loading slow with dual-core, I guess I'm fine with that.

And what was your question? I only saw that you asked if I was SP1 or SP2. I answered that previously, Sp2.

Weird, I had my parts setup outside of the case to test everything before placing into my case. I unhooked all the cables etc, and started putting it into my Antec P180B (which btw was a pain to do). Afterwards, my first boot- whaddya know, 5 blue bars go by and I'm into windows. ?!?!? I have no idea what the difference was. In any case, I'm happy.

Resolved... sort of.

The windows splash screen where the blue indicator goes left to right. Takes about 28 passes again. Back up from 15 :(

I really don't want to reformat again. I Primed this overnight for 10 hours, did testing of both cores with OCCT and SUPERPI also so I think its stable enough for me. Don't feel like reformatting just to save 10-15 seconds off windows load time. I was just wondering if there was some tweak to make it faster though. As long as I'm not the only one that is loading slow with dual-core, I guess I'm fine with that.

And what was your question? I only saw that you asked if I was SP1 or SP2. I answered that previously, Sp2.

I had the same problem as you had, what exactly made the blue bar make 3 passes rather than 28 passes?

I installed the Nvidia IDE Drivers...

I know a lot of people here advised against it....but at this point you got nothing to loose....

I had the same problem as you had, what exactly made the blue bar make 3 passes rather than 28 passes?

I installed the Nvidia IDE Drivers...

I know a lot of people here advised against it....but at this point you got nothing to loose....

Yeah, just happened out of nowhere. I didn't install the NVIDIA IDE drivers, and I don't think I will. I don't expect much faster than 5 passes of the blue bar. :D

check ur MSconfig on the run and disable some of the startup options maybe clean out ur temp folder just type %temp% on the run and delete everything in there. Mine takes about a bar and a half to load into windows also what seemed to make mine load faster was the overclock and then only loading the 1st 2 drivers from the floppy when i re-installed windows i know because i have reformatted my HD like 60 times already and also leave it for a few days and sometime it will speed up on its own.