WinXP Or Win2K

xboarder

I am upgrading from win98 and am wondering if I should get win2000 or winXP....I have an athon XP 2200+ system that I just built and I am also thinking about duel booting it with red hat or some other version of linux...Which one is more stable and perfoms better...I have had some experience with win2000 and it seems pretty stable but I have never used winXP...what are everyone's thoughts?

I use to follow the SP2 rule... which ment, don't use a MS OS till there is a SP2 available... however MS has done much better with XP..

So, I'd recomend XP Pro...

d00d, who the heck cares about 64bit processer..

unless they start making 64bit programs.. the processers are going to run the 32 bit apps like ...

It will be like the pentium pros when they went from 16 to 32 all th pograms were in 16bit.. and the 32 ran dirt slow because it dident like the 16 bit stuff..

now if u buy a processer thats 32 / 64 then aight..

2k will live on forever..

and what the heck is .NET?

What is .Net? - It's... hrmm... The Borgs code name for the mission to take over the world.

It's MS's new... whatever you want to call it... there are the .Net operating systems (servers, XP2, and stuff..), there are the programs, (Visual Studio, Office, etc) and then there are the programing languages (C++, C#, J#, ASP.Net, etc)...

It's the begining of the end... so to speak.

The .Net servers, and XP2 (XP-2003) are both 32-bit/64-bit operating systems.

http://www.microsoft.com/net/