[OC] Is 225 HTT my CPU max potential? CPU not stable with even 225 HTT

Thank you so much for that info.. i feel better now as i know my ram can give me those timings.. although all i know is lesser timings the better.. i dont know what those timings actually stand for lol.. but thank you again...

just wanted to confirm a few things just so i dont screw up my hardware.. changing the ram timings to the one you mentioned above without making any adjustments to voltage or anything like that is not harmful right?

if its not harmful, do let me know what else i should change in the DRAM menu.. all of them are still set to default/auto.. even the frequency...

The changes that i gave you for your memory are in the Dram configuration section of bios..The ,2,3,3,6 setting are in Dram section but they are not in that order.Go to Dram Config once open change the (cas)2 (TRCD)3 (TRAS)6 (TRP)3.Befour them settings are a few others (CPC)Enable, also the Dram Freq Set the first option in bios should be set to :200: 1.1.

Now you voltage in the bios for the memory should be set for stock setting for now in the genie bios scroll down to Dram voltage control and set it to 2.7 for now.With these setting you should be good to go at stock settings.The link iam sending is just for you to see the options in bios,dont use any of the settings.Iam also including a link to corsair suport fourm.Check out the last link,its from corsair suport with the default setting for your memory which i gave you.The FSB/LTD Freq Ratio,leave it on auto.Good Luck.

http://www.angrygames.com/nf4-bios2.htm

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/forumdis...php?forumid=128

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52284

Thank you again..

The FSB/LTD Freq Ratio,leave it on auto
Leave it on auto for now but should i make it to the settings you posted previously if i want to see the max of my cpu?

Also i checked on corsair forums that the CAS should be 2.5 on amd systems.. do you know why that is the case and what would happen if i still kept it on 2?

heres the link to it.

Testing parameters for TWINX3200C2:

TWINX2048-3200C2 Data Sheet

TWINX1024-3200C2 Data Sheet

TWINX512-3200C2 Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: Asus P4C800/-E and/or DFI INFINITY I865/I875 and/or Asus A7N8X and/or ABIT IC7 Max3.

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

DRAM Clock: 200 MHz

DRAM Voltage: 2.7X Volts

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T (2.5 on AMD platform)

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Should i change the setting to the one above?

Thank you again..Leave it on auto for now but should i make it to the settings you posted previously if i want to see the max of my cpu?

Also i checked on corsair forums that the CAS should be 2.5 on amd systems.. do you know why that is the case and what would happen if i still kept it on 2?

heres the link to it.

Should i change the setting to the one above?

You can change it to 2.5 the default setting.By putting it on cas 2 its just tighter timmings which is better.Its up to you on how you feel shes running.Nothing will happen leaving it on cas 2.The tighter you run your timmings the better performance for your system.Like if you can get it to run on 2,2,2,5 timmings that would be about the best for your memory but it requires a lot of tweeking and voltage changes.Thats what you might want to consider in the future once you get the hang of overclocking.You can leave the FSB/LTD freq on auto even to achive your cpu max.I do always.Ill include a link to Happy Games bios screens shots,hes the DFI rep and as you can see he also leaves it on auto.You can experment and drop it to 4 then 3 as you go up on your clock if you chose to but leaving it on auto will be fine.Go to the overclocking database and look at some of the setting other useres are using to try to get your self familiar with the settings and the process of overclocking.

http://www.angrygames.com/index.htm