AMD Dramatic Price drop looking for a good overclocking Dual core for

A6437

Well I just saw the AMD price drops and i need me a good overclocking Processor and i'm looking for a Dual-core so any recommendations would be great thanks in advance!!!

I just got a 2x 4400+ for $225 and a 2x 4800+ for $270, both are doing very well. I may just keep the 4400 it seems to Overclock a bit better, 2805mhz and no voltage change! The 4800 is at 2750 and still working but seems to need the voltage more then the 4400 does. I waiting for a pair of Ram to came back from RMA and then I will see what these really can do.

AMD really has cut their prices and I would think that they will fall even more. This is a great time for a 939 build. Everyone wants the newest and biggest things, well I think that 939's are still going strong and will so into the future. Im sorry but the performance increase that Intel core duel and AM2 offer, to me, it does not validate the need for a total rebuild to the new chips. Heck I just made the move to duel core and thats an increase that I will be happy with for at least 6 months. So, dont miss out on these low prices and dont think your buying out of date parts, you will be very happy spending 1/2 what you would building a Core duel or AM2 rig. Just my thoughts, of course if you have the money to burn and the drive to do it, then the new chips may be for you!

Guest kingsfan
ok took your advice and i ordered and opty this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103588 I'm not sure about the stepping but some reviewers said they were good ones and if this aint a good one can you guys please tell me that way i can cancel the order while i still can thanks

unfortunately you won't know the stepping until the chip is in your hands...it's printed on the IHS, but for the record i bought one a week ago and got a CCBBE 0610DPMW doin 328*9 currently

Thanks to all and can you guys give me some pointers to any updates i need with the Opteron that way i can have them ready for when that lil baby gets in. Oh yeah and do i have to burn it in before i start overclocking it any tips you guys have to offer cus i have never tried clocking a Dual Core but i already found the page so i can run Prime on both Cores.