DFI LP UTCFX3200 BIOS ROM Checksum Error

Well as the subject suggests, that is the error I get as soon as I boot up my computer.

I turned it off to switch out my DVD drives from one computer to another (long butt explination but just got with it). So I turned off my computer, unplugged the DVD drives, switched it, plugged the new one in and hit the power button.

Oh wait it didn't feel like booting. All it did was prompt me with a BIOS ROm Checksum error and said detecting Floppy A disk... and nothing.

So I pulled out the old dusty floppy drive and plugged it into my 2nd computer and created an updater disk for the BIOS and proceeded to try updating the BIOS since that is what it appeared to want to do. Nothing. Not a damn thing happend, and yes I got the right bios version.

the rig is my sig rig, im on a backup P4C atm.

let me know your thoughts. No hardware or bios changes have occured in at least 1 or 2 months.

Got the same thing on my CFX3200. For me it started out with RAM instability with thousands of errors on each stick in memtest at stock settings. This was after it was working just fine for the past few days. No hardware changes were done on my rig either. It was totally sudden.

When I got the error, I made a new bios floppy, but even after putting the floppy in, board wouldn't detect it. Only one week old, so I RMA'd it back to Newegg. Seeing that the ULI thing still isn't fixed I'm just returning for refund :sad:

Back to my (equally unsupported) DFI Infinity RS482...

I am beyond the RMA limit for my CFX3200 I think, I will check on it.

My ram started acting funny a month or so ago, started limiting my OC from 2850 to 2700. I didn't think anything of it because I messed with a setting or somethign and just never got around to fixing it. (i mean like reducing idle cycle from 12 to 11 clocks, nothing major)

Thanks for the reply I will see what becomes of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i have the same problem a few times per week, just turnoff the pc, and turn again, and everything look normal again.

should i rma the board?

I'm not in USA, so the RMA process is more complicated for me.

regards,

If you can RMA, do it, I had same thing going on, after a week or two the board finaly took a full crap on me. Wouldnt even show post codes. Your board may be doing the same as mine or could recover, but I wouldnt take the chance! However, my new board has ULI Raid issues, but at least it works.