Sufficient cooling for the evga 7900gtx

disturbed6dws

....as time came to buy that video card - I am wondering whether I will benefit from getting an aftermerket cooler for the 7900gtx - i am currently looking at the ZALMAN VF900 and I wonder whether that would be a good solution....

also...are there any fitment issues ? - whether it will be hitting the capacitors on the sli-dr expert or not

i appreciate any quick reponses

It should fit I don't know from experience though, check my post in cooling/modding section

Have you tried replacing the TIM with some AS5 or Ceramique? Dropped my temps about 5 degrees idle/load and using a fan blowing at the 7900GTX fins/chipset helped reduce some more.

Fitment? Should fit fine. Even if you have a Evercool VC-RE. Even two in SLI will fit fine.

oh yeah...im not worried about the fitment of the actual card, but the fitment of the aftermarket cooler on the video card - i have read on one post only that someone had trouble putting it on the sli-d motherboard or something similar because it was hitting one of the capacitors

I just read a post, after searching for a long time, in the video card section stating that the stock cooler on the 7900gtx is actually very good, and if the case has good air flow it is pretty much hard to touch it ;)

....will not be putting on the vf900

I want to see a comparison with the X1 Artic Cooling, see how much of a difference it is

Do not mess with the GTX cooling, except for putting new thermal grease {ceramique or silver} in there. I tried a VF900 on my GTX and temps went up. The Gtx cooling is great, just dl riva tuner so you can crank up the fan on it and all will be good!