New Expert won't boot

I was using the system in my sig, which worked for a lttle bit, then my motherboard crapped out. After a long RMA fiasco that took a month, here I am again, with a shiny new motherboard. Got everything hooked up and ready to roll. Hit the power, and it comes on, but sits at 3 leds. Wasn't sure why, but I figured I would play it safe, and booted with one ram stick in the orange slot closest to the I/O. Fired it up again, this time I made it to one led, and there it say. Tried a different stick of ram out of another computer, same story. Did the rounds, everything is connected as it should be.

Any suggestions?

Well, it'll sit at 1 LED if you don't have an OS installed...are you trying to use your original operating system from the old board or what?

Uh... it's not even booting... how is OS going to be an issue? Once thoe board posts, the diagnosis leds all shut off. It's getting nowhere near the opteration system.

EDIT: And even it it were, that wouldn't change a thing. All of the hardware is exactly the same. The only thing that even changed is one expert for another. Every other piece of hardware is the exact same thing. Windows would not be affected in the slightest.

Try this....

1) CLEAR CMOS

2)Connect one memory modules (Either in the yellow or orange DIMM)

3)Connect one drive (only...)

4)Make sure all of your power plugs are connected to the motherboard (24pin, 8pin, not sure if there is any more...but check).

If this doesn't work...try...

5)Switching that memory around to see if that works....(go from 1st Dimm to last Dimm (Yellow and Orange)....if that doesn't work...try...

6)Try the other stick of memory (same way as before...)

If it boots, go into the bios and see what's going on and adjust anything you need....

Now if it doesn't boot, i don't know...your EXPERT is being picky with your hardware (not sure which one...).

Guest Retratserif

Have you email DFI support yet with this issue with your new board?

Everything you have should work just fine.

Try this....

1) CLEAR CMOS

2)Connect one memory modules (Either in the yellow or orange DIMM)

3)Connect one drive (only...)

4)Make sure all of your power plugs are connected to the motherboard (24pin, 8pin, not sure if there is any more...but check).

If this doesn't work...try...

5)Switching that memory around to see if that works....(go from 1st Dimm to last Dimm (Yellow and Orange)....if that doesn't work...try...

6)Try the other stick of memory (same way as before...)

If it boots, go into the bios and see what's going on and adjust anything you need....

Now if it doesn't boot, i don't know...your EXPERT is being picky with your hardware (not sure which one...).

tried all... no dice

Have you email DFI support yet with this issue with your new board?

Everything you have should work just fine.

No... I'd like to solve this one I my own. They have done enough on my behalf already.

Long story short, i sent my board into them for RMA, and it was damanged durning shipping. However, they denied the RMA and shipped the board back to me without telling me. Becuase USPS has bull crap insurance rules, but not shipping it back via USPS Insured with the original packing... the insurance was void. After talking with Donna and the gang for a few weeks, the sent me a brand new board. The last thing I want to do is email her telling her the new board doesnt work. I wan to exhaust every possible option first.

I would PM or email Happy Games and see what he thinks you should do, or perhaps if he is feeling nice enough, he might fix it for you. I had a lot of issues with my OCZ Powerstream 520W and my Expert board, it took a new OCZ GamerXtreme to fix the problems, my system was half cold boot issues half no boot at all.....So its not identical to what your having problems with but its a thought.....

I would PM or email Happy Games and see what he thinks you should do, or perhaps if he is feeling nice enough, he might fix it for you. I had a lot of issues with my OCZ Powerstream 520W and my Expert board, it took a new OCZ GamerXtreme to fix the problems, my system was half cold boot issues half no boot at all.....So its not identical to what your having problems with but its a thought.....

Not to sound like an idiot... but how would one to that? There is no option to PM him in his profile, and he has email's disabled :(

Not to sound like an idiot... but how would one to that? There is no option to PM him in his profile, and he has email's disabled :(

Find a post by him click his name and the drop down menu should offer that option....