CPU question

Hi, im going to start building a new machine soon , so i tought to put this pc for "LAN" gaming with friends :D I just tought that i should buy a proper s939 cpu to this pc...

I would like recommendations to a good overclocking cpu !!? How the dual cores OC ?

i tought something like "4800+X2 or FX-60 or FX-57" ??? Please some advices :confused:

About a 1.5 years ago i had 4800+x2 , i tried to oc it to 2.75ghz but no luck...

Those days i had a seasonic 600w power wich after i sold the cpu & psu cleared to me that it was FACTORY FAULTY model :D "Darned" Oh and the mobo was A8N-SLi Premium.

So should that 4800+x2 oc just fine or should i go for the FX series (fx-60) ???

I would save the money spent on those and get a good stepping Opteron 165 or 170 and spend the extra $$$ on a second GTX. (For example, my 165 is currently at 3.0Ghz @ 1.5vcore. :) It cost me $240.) The DFI Lanparty Boards are simply the best OCers they make and make it easy to OC those lower multi chips so don't be afraid.

That PSU was a good model...a pity.

Ok , i would go for the opty170 !? whats the difference of those "L2" ? "mhz" ?

Ive never even investigated those optys :D So i dont know anything about those...

Are my coolers good enough to try the 3ghz with opty ?