Masterkleer 7/16" and the DD-D5, my poor hands!

Ok, my water cooling setup came from dangerden.com today and I have hit a brick wall. Going on the advice of others, I bought 7/16" tubing for the 1/2" fittings on everything because it results in an almost leakproof seal. Its not too tough putting it on the high-flow style barbs that are tapered, I just put a little water on the tip of the tube and push it on. Heres my problem though, the DD-D5 has a non tapered tip on it. It actually has a lip on the end of it to make the seal better. Now I have been trying for about an hour now to get the dang tubing on to no avail. I put some water on it and the end of the pump and push as hard as I can on and I can get 1 side of the tubing way far down the DD-D5 nozzle, but the other side of the tubing gets stuck on the lip.

I took a nail file I found and filed down the lip again, but I don't want to get rid of the lip completely because it will increase the chances of leaking. What should I do guys? My hands hurt like hell!

The hairdryer thing worked like a charm! I can really see the benefit of this stuff because it isn't going ANYWHERE.

I also have to make a modification of the clamps i use on some of my fittings because the tubing isn't quite thick enough so I clip it a little bit and it seems to be quite snug.

Thanks so much lowboy and onsightsmith!