DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might be able to get more out of that chip with more vcore :)

when it's on 2.6 it's 1.424V , how much should i increase it?

set your htt to 4x

wouldn't then the total htt be near to 1000 , i thought it was supposed to be under 1000 and if i increase fsb more it will eventually get bigger?

where can i get that bios everyone has got (8/9/06 bios) , i seem to have this one (7/11/06 bios) , which one is better?

The newer BIOS is supposed to improve some SATA issues, although nobody ever complained of such issues. Maybe it's the thing with the Maxtor HDDs, but in any case, the newer BIOS is reported not to bring any improvements.

I see you've set the HT multi to 2x which is very good, I suppose james missed that point.

I too think you could try a bit more Vcore. You're @1.42V which is not that much. In the case that your LOAD temps don't go over 50° (I'm pretty sure in Serbja it's very cold also) you could try some steps. First 1.475V, then 1.5V, but I wouldn't go over 1.6V even if the temps are below 50° in burn mode.

I've tested my sempron up to 1.65V (not recommended) and I've almost toast it not to mention I got absolutely 0MHz out of it.

Someone suggested to up the voltage of the HT link also. It's supposed to be 1.2V on default and the next option is 1.35V. If all the rest fails you can try this one, too.