DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pt@ might want to make a sig before you get banned. just a heads up man!

my case is a aerocool aeroengine 2 with 2 noiseblocker xl2 on the side 50cfm each, i will get another one for the cooler (i can't get any 100cfm fan in Portugal) :(

it's necessary to have a sign, or you will be banned?? :eek2:

I bought some second hand Corsair 5400C4's rev2.10 2GB. They are probably D9GCT, but they suck for 1T overclocking.

I tried Chan A, Chan B for 5-5-5-1T @ DDR900, didn't work - always memtest error (test #5) right at the end of the test. So I played around with it and found that using each individual stick in the middle 2 slots on their own would allow for higher clock rate.

In the end, running them together in slots 2 + 3, not dual channel allowed me to get a higher overclock. I'm currently testing in orthos. 2.2v, 2.3v error'd. 2.1v is chugging along :O I really don't understand this RAM.

i'm expecting to hit 3ghz with a 3000+ with this board :)

going to buy a si-128 for it tomorrow for a low price

Don't be so sure:( Personally I thought I will reach 3G but I got a bumpy stepping.Hope you get a good one.

it's necessary to have a sign, or you will be banned??

You should get a signature since if you do not have on and an admin sees it it's very likely you will get banned.You should do this ASAP!

supposedly there was a test with someone hitting over 400+. the ultraII-m2 is an overclocking beast!!!

Here's a link towards the review that made me decide to buy this mobo - 440HTT OC on a A64 3000+ orleans core.

My OC didn't exactly fly... actually I managed to stabilize it @305, but that's it. 310 was already too much no matter what and i think I have to reinstall win again :mad: because it tents to stall for around 10 seconds sometimes... quite annoying.

Maybe I'm talking nonsense but I'll say it anyway: what if the sempron 2800 I have, despite not having C'nQ activated, has the potential to change the multi while in windows? When I had an s754 A64 2800+ I dropped the multi through windows using a soft...I don't remember which one...because I played Heroes 3. This game works on a Pentium1, but it takes 100% of any CPU no matter what, so I forced 4x multi for the 2800 to keep the temps/noise low.

I wonder and I ask you for an oppinion, maybe the sempron can handle multi changes through WIN?

When I had an s754 A64 2800+ I dropped the multi through windows using a soft...

A64 S754 supported CnQ though.

A64 S754 supported CnQ though.

Yet I was thinking that the technology is by no means "removed" from the CPU die, this would have been illogical and far too expensive. Probably it's simply not enabled.

My sole and only purpose for buying this CPU was to test the mobo @ its max HTT, but aparently I made 2 bad choices: the CPU has a locked multi and the corsairs that seem not to get along very well with my mobo. The idea find out the max HTT of the mobo while waiting for the DC 65nm...

We live and we learn :rolleyes:

Hi there,

i have (maybe) simillar problem like dragosmp. I cannot get higher then 260MHz fsb, with higher setting i always got only long beep - memory problem. No matter what divider. I am sure memories are ok, a can get beyond 800MHz 5-5-5-15 with 667 divider ( fsb 258). Do you think its a incompatibility betwen mobo and memory? (I currently don't have another modules to find out) I don't believe mobo is holding me back, CPU as well...

sorry for my english...

Yet I was thinking that the technology is by no means "removed" from the CPU die, this would have been illogical and far too expensive. Probably it's simply not enabled.

Hmm I'm sure 1.8GHz A64 2800+ supports CnQ. It's 1.6GHz (8x multi) and lower that don't. I don't know which you were talking about :confused:

You should get a signature since if you do not have on and an admin sees it it's very likely you will get banned.You should do this ASAP!

sry for the offtopic, but is it showing now, i can't see it

now i can :s

NEVERMIND

that review is what's making me buying it too :)