DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

Thank you very much.

The interference issue was solved as you said (it's a pity I don't get to use the full power though).

About the temperature, I moved what you said in the bios and it doesn't seem to do any effect. I had read that the chipset fan was not good anyways. I guess I'll have to wait until I get money to change that one...

The PC has been on like 25 hours and the temp has stabilized in 60-something celsius, but doesn't seem to affect.

Threw it games, photoshop, multitasking... and not a single hang-up (no overclock though).

Thanks again!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

modded bios for DFI Infinity NF ULTRAII-M2

http://www.klami85.ovh.org/UBER_BIOS.BIN

unlocked options:

SLI Brodcast Aparature

USB memory type

USB mouse support

Video OFF method

KB power on password

Timming mode

DDRII timming item

CKE base power down mode

CKE bassed powerdown

Memclock tri-stating

multipliers HT x1,5 i x2,5 - not signed i bios but avaliable :)

good luck :)

Hello :)

I see the 2.5x HT doesn't work :/

This motherboard really need a 3v vdimm :( 2.5v isn't enough for actual memories overclocking. It's the only problem that I find :/

Do you know if there is any vdimm mod ?

The future nF570SLI will have 3.2vdimm :D but I don't want to already change mobo :/

I have an other problem : It's impossible for me to set real DDR800, the DDR800 is in reality DDR667, and I see the Sempron have DDR667 only, it can't do better ?

I do some beautiful overclocking with this motherboard :D I love it ^^

Max screen (radbox @ 1.75v)

131050.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=131050

DDR1200 @ 2.45v (2.5v in bios)

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=131731

Best SuperPI1M under radbox

I will take a watercooling, and wish do better :)

Sincerely,

Okay :) I am sorry

I never see a forum where we must have signature before :/ good thing for helping :)

But I didn't see this website is run by DFI Support techs :/ nice :) I thinked it's a fan website :/ :)

I love this motherboard :) but the 2.5v vdimm really limit good overclocking :(

And I don't want to pay a LanParty for it :/ Or change my Inifinity :)

Don't you know if there is any possibility to have a better vdimm on this motherboard ?

Thank :)

The DFI Infinity NF ULTRAII-M2 can set DDR800 on athlon X2 ? Or the DDR667 limit is for all cpu (like this mobo is supposed to be a DDR667 motherboard)

Thank :)

Sincerely,

I love this motherboard :) but the 2.5v vdimm really limit good overclocking :(

Hey do you have any special cooling over your RAM? 2.5v is kinda high for DDR2 isn't it ?

The DFI Infinity NF ULTRAII-M2 can set DDR800 on athlon X2 ? Or the DDR667 limit is for all cpu (like this mobo is supposed to be a DDR667 motherboard)

I have no idea why it's advertised as a DDR2 667 motherboard, it runs DDR2 800 on the CPU's that support it! Semprons won't support DDR 800 because of their low multiplier - any CPU running such a low multiplier is limited in RAM settings for the DDR 800 divider. (Check the AM2 memory dividers table)

BTW very nice CPU and RAM overclock on the sempron!

My ram run 24/7 at 2.5v, with an 80mm fan, no error and no problem :)

I see DDR2 memory run at 3.6v ^^ but it's really dangerous :/

Like the 2800+ sempron has its multiplier locked, I can't increase memory speed without increase cpu frequency :(

I have done 540MHz in 4-4-4-10, but I can do better with higher voltages :)

http://www.eclipseoc.com/index.php?id=1,72,0,0,1,0

Like you can see here :)

His cpu (or mobo) appears to have a 610MHz limit :/

I was thinked that it's possible for the motherboard to increase the memory divider :/ but it isn't :( DDR800 is only for X2 and FX cpu :/

Sincerely,

I have the same frequency than you :)

2800MHz @ 1.55v for alldays computing ^^

I have maybe a 3800+ with defectious cache.

Do you know the step of your CPU ?

An Athlon 64 doesn't interest me :/ to expensive for what is it.

I am waiting for 0.065 AM2 cpu :)

I find a vdimm mod :) I am happy, it allows 10% up for vdimm :) but I don't see enough test and I haven't good tools for it.

I am dreaming for a better bios with better vdimm, but I don't know if the mobo can do better :/

It's already a very good motherboard for its price :D

Sorry for my bad english :)

Sincerely,

English is not that bad man. Well AM2 will be getting phased out soon enough here from what I understand. AM2+ and AM3 are what's on the horizon. Anyways, I don't know the stepping of my 3800+, sorry. I've seen some 3000+ and 3200+ hitting 3 Ghz, mine won't though, I need some better RAM probably. As far as a vdimm mod, I doubt you will ever need more than 2.5v for DDR2 because I've seen DDR2 1100 @ 2.4v. Good luck to you though man, I'd upgrade to an opty, those are the plans anyways for myself.