how can i get my chipset temp lower

jimval

ok i have an update: i went into the bios and did what TASR said and that helped a little because my nb fan was'nt running at full speed. I also cut out a hole in the side case and put a 92mm fan blowing into the case. my temps now are: PWMIC= 29c CHIPSET= 47c & CPU= 30c the big differance was the PWMIC

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GripS

Eh. Part of the fun is modding the chipset to SLI with an Ultra-D while your replacing the heasink.

I would use Arctic Ceramique as it's non-conductive so if you get a little bit somewhere you shouldn't have you won't ruin anything.

You should see a significant drop in temps. I get high 30's idle to mid 40's load and it's freikin 80F in my room right now.

80 faher,in,height, lol. u just put that air on now......lol

its 92 in michigan and the humidity is 87% my dfi expert is @ 3000 and i have some great ram running 150divider@2t 1.71 volts. awesome. but the fact is? i want cooler yet and stable while i record my old stuff .. albums 33 rpm.peaches crates. (from wave to the digital)., i've been able to do this at the settings i have now. not bad, and i got lucky with my opty 144 being able to push it so high. rock&roll alluman brothers. midnight riders.......................i really like this dfi street forum and am so glad i bought a dfi m/b. not that what i had was sooo bad but...ect..

it aint stinky... its special :P

and yes, its a great replacment, temp wise and noise wise

Oke, thanks for that..

I've found a another alternative: the Titan TTC-CUV2AB/LD2

It should fit...

Anyway, every vga/chipset cooler with a height <16mm should fit (Ultra-D)

EDIT: I'm definitly going for this one:

http://www.titan-cd.com/eng/vga/cuv2abrhs.htm

it looks awsome and should fit (10mm height)

Guest GripS

Cool. Appears to be the same type of design except using a cylinder setup instead of folded fins.