EVGA 7900 series cards artifact/bsod fix?

My second XFX 7900gtx has bit the dust...and I'm not to pleased with XFX customer support thus far. Create a ticket last Thursday and they reply Monday with "we're sorry to hear you are having problems...what games and benchmarks are failing...how old is the card..." I humored the guy with some more info...haven't heard a thing since Monday. There is no customer support number listed...??? I sure picked a bad time to go high end with my gfx cards :rolleyes:

I did a little digging for you and found this on their site..

XFX company contact page.

hope this helps., and next time buy from EVGA ;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a little digging for you and found this on their site..

XFX company contact page.

hope this helps., and next time buy from EVGA ;)

Thanks LW...

EDIT: Just got off the phone with them...no cross ship or anything like that. I have to send it to them for testing but at least it's going forward. I finally did get another response from them today asking more questions about drivers and what not...at that rate I might have actually been issued an RMA sometime next week...

Thanks again...

OG

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for your assistance LW...just received my replacement and everything works as it should. Lets see how long this one lasts :tooth: Now all I need is my SLI bridge so I can crank her up again on the 975X/G.

On a side note. I emailed DFI sales in San Jose this afternoon to inquire about a new bridge (since I sold my Expert and don't have SLI bridges laying around :) ) and Donna was back to me within the hour. Gave her CC charge authorization and bang...got a tracking number within the next hour. Good stuff...so it looks like I'll be rockin SLI again with my Conroe by Monday!! YeeHaaaa!!!

OG

I've been RMAing since I got the damn thing

I seriously don't even know how many cards I've gotten

They said they would let me step up (I talked to Arthur) but this was AFTER I filed with the BBB.

Now, they won't return my calls.

So I've got a new waterblock on the way but can't put it in till I get a card that works...

There must be something else going on here bud, I have never had a single problem with any eVGA card and you say you can't remember how many times you've replaced the card?

Plus I wouldn't return your calls either, they have helped you RMA countless cards and you still report them to the BBB?

LOL! Not too good I guess! I got some problems too with my 7900gtx! It is mostly artifacts and the frames dropping to 30 no matter what I do. This is the 3rd card but I think it has all something with the bad RAM chips they used on the cards. I’m sending this one back and will finally give up on the 7900gtx! When I get the new one I’ll step up to the 7950GX2 and hope this will be end of it. LOL

LOL! Not too good I guess! I got some problems too with my 7900gtx! It is mostly artifacts and the frames dropping to 30 no matter what I do. This is the 3rd card but I think it has all something with the bad RAM chips they used on the cards. I’m sending this one back and will finally give up on the 7900gtx! When I get the new one I’ll step up to the 7950GX2 and hope this will be end of it. LOL

doing a step up is the smartest move anyone can do with a 7900 series card. better than doing the RMA ping pong game,.