Noobie OC attempts on Opty 165 & Ultra-D

Quinn

Although i dont have a 165, i do have some very small advice for you,

OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K should be able to use the same timings as OCZ5002048ELGE-K, the biggest difference between the 2 (according to OCZ) is the heatspreader's. Something to keep in mind when looking through the OCDB for settings to try

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update:

At 294 FSB, dual prime passed at stock voltage.

Was able to drop vdimm down to 2.7v and dual windows memtest passing 3000% coverage. So it seems, I no longer have to pump megawatts into the RAM, to make them work. I must've had an overly tight setting before, OR BIOS "Auto" setting produced unexpected behavior when dropping divider.

Previously reported tcore differences between stock vcore and +.1v, was not correct. The tcore differences were between dual windows memtest at stock vcore, and dual prime at +.1v vcore. I think dual prime alone generates about 3-5C more tcore, even tho each drive the cores to 100%.

ToDOs:

- Try vdimm at 2.6v. Haven't stepped back down to this level.

- Try divider back 166 5:6 with stock vcore. Just curious to know and ensure they will operate at their rated speed.

- Find stable cpu speed for vcore 1.55v. Wondering what speed & tcore will at this vcore. Hoping to reach 2.8+GHz.